EDDIE HEARN has warned Jake Paul must fight a professional boxer to receive the credit he desires.
The YouTuber-turned boxer improved to 6-0 by scoring the most credible win of his career, beating UFC legend Anderson Silva.
Jake Paul after beating UFC legend Anderson Silva
Eddie Hearn warned Jake Paul must fight a boxer to receive the credit he desires
And despite Silva’s greatness in the UFC octagon, and five prior bouts in the ring, critics are still demanding Paul face a boxer.
Hearn told DAZN: “I think Jake is improving, he’s working hard.
“He does a lot of things wrong in the ring, but he’s not a boxer, he hasn’t been boxing for years and years.
“Now Jake really has to fight a boxer. He’s never going to the credit that he maybe wants or deserves until he actually fights a professional boxer.
“I believe he wants to do that; I’m guessing he will do that next.”
Paul, 25, twice signed to fight celebrity rival Tommy Fury, 23, who pulled out on both occasions.
Firstly, Fury suffered a rib injury in December before withdrawing from the reschduled date in August amid a US visa issue.
On that occasion, 12-1 heavyweight Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, signed in replacement but the bout was soon scrapped due a row over weight.
It left Paul turning to Silva, 47, for his return fight, which he won on points over eight rounds.
Hearn said: “I haven’t seen the fight, I’ve only seen the knockdown, but I think you have to give him credit.
“Yes, he’s not fighting any real boxers yet, and yes Anderson Silva was 48, but it’s still an opponent for your sixth fight of a level where most prospects are fighting at.”
Jake Paul dropped Anderson Silva in the last round
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the health benefits of boxing
Boxing is associated with many health benefits. For one, boxing can help build strong bones and muscles. It improves coordination, reflexes, and coordination. It strengthens your heart, lungs and other vital organs. Boxing doesn’t need any special equipment. You can use any item you have at home.
How can you improve your punching form?
The most important part of boxing is the punching technique. For you to become a better boxer, your punch technique must be perfected. Here are some ways to improve your boxing technique.
- Keep your head up. Keep your head up when you’re throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. If you are going to throw a punch, aim for the shoulder and not your chin.
- Your feet are your focus. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Send short, sharp punches. Your body will be tired faster if you are throwing longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always keep your distance from any punches coming in.
- Use your elbows. You can defend yourself by using your elbows.
- Your legs are your best friend. Your legs can save you from getting knocked over if you know how to use them properly.
- Practice every day. Even if you feel tired, continue training. It takes practice to become proficient at anything.
- Have fun Enjoy what’s going on.
- Breathe. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Focus on learning new things.
- Be patient. Boxing takes practice. It takes time and practice to improve your skills.
- Never stop learning. As long there is still room for improvement, there will continue to be improvement.
- You can listen to music. Listening to music can help you relax during training.
- View videos of professional fighters. You can be inspired by watching them fight.
- Read books. Reading helps you to understand boxing techniques.
- It is important to take breaks. Sometimes, it is helpful to take a break from boxing. Go outside to play soccer or basketball.
- Find a coach. Boxing is a sport that requires a coach with a lot of experience. This will help you to improve quicker.
- Push-ups are a great exercise. Push-ups help build strength and endurance.
How can I practice boxing without a partner?
You can also watch professional boxing matches live on TV if you don’t have a partner and want to learn boxing. A local amateur boxing association is also available. Amateur boxing clubs hold regular training sessions. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
What can I do to improve my fighting defense?
By learning to fight smart, you can improve the defense of your combative skills. It is important to know how to defend yourself against all types of attacks, as well as how to counterattack when necessary.
If you don’t fight well, you will not be able to handle any situation. You’ll just get beaten up. But, if you are able to fight, you will be prepared for any situation.
Here are some tips to improve your defense.
- You need to know where your opponent is coming from. This means that you need to pay close attention and observe your opponent’s body language. This could be a sign that your opponent is preparing for his next attack.
- Keep calm. Don’t panic. Instead, be calm and focussed.
- Block with the arms of your armour. You can defend yourself against attacks by blocking with your arms.
- Counterattack. Counterattack.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty is another way of defending yourself. If you are being kicked by your opponent, you can respond by kick him back.
How to defend yourself
Always protect your head when being attacked. It is your goal to not get punched. To avoid being punched, you must learn how to stop an incoming punch. Here’s what to do:
- Square your shoulders and stand tall.
- Keep your elbows straight up.
- Block the punch from coming with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking the attacker until he runs away.
- Don’t give up on your defense.
What are the benefits of learning to box?
Here are some reasons to learn boxing:
- It builds confidence. You will be able to confront bullies and other bullies by learning to box.
- It improves your physical and mental health. Boxing helps build muscle mass. Muscle mass can make you stronger.
- It teaches self defense skills. Learn how to fight to learn how you can protect yourself.
- It improves your mental toughness. Mental toughness is important when you’re facing challenges.
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment. When you master a particular technique, it will make you feel like a true fighter.
- It’s fun! Nothing is better than being punched in the stomach.
- It’s cheap. You only need a pair boxing gloves and punching bag.
- It doesn’t take up much space
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- A place to train is essential. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- You will need at least one punching bag. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is usually made out of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- A bench is essential. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- You need a headgear. Headgear is used to protect your head during sparring sessions. It can be bought online or in-store. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- Gloves are required. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You will need a towel. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.