JAKE PAUL’S sparring partner have been left all saying the same thing ahead of his fight with Anderson Silva, according to his coach.
The YouTuber-turned boxer returns over the weekend in Arizona, in his first bout in ten months.
Jake Paul in training for his fight with Anderson Silva
During his hiatus from the ring, Paul, 25, has continued to train non-stop in his Puerto Rico base.
And he has benefited from top-level sparring against the likes of former world champion Chad Dawson, 40, among other contenders.
Paul’s head trainer BJ Flores claimed the feedback from the sessions have all been on the YouTuber-turned boxer’s power.
Flores told Yahoo Sports: “I’d say he is a prospect and someone to definitely watch out for.
“Regardless of how long he’s boxing, the one thing you really have to respect that he does have what very few people have, real punching power.
“That’s one thing like I said that no matter who’s been in camp, Chad Dawson, Richard Rivera, who just arguably beat Badou Jack.
“Every single person who has been in camp with him and sparred with him says this kid has real, real power.
“He’s somebody to watch out for regardless of his skill level. And you’re going to see a much improved skill level on [Saturday].
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
“One thing you have to do with Jake is really be conscious of both hands.
“People have seen the right hand, but the left hand is also strong and has been developing.
“Everybody says the same thing: ‘He can really, really punch.'”
Jake Paul during his training camp to fight Anderson Silva
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a left hook and a right cross?
A left hook can be thrown from the side, and a right cross from the front.
A left hook is thrown facing the opponent with the back hand. The elbow is bent 90°. The wrist is turned 45° toward opponent.
With the palm facing the opponent, a right cross is performed. The elbow should be straight. The opponent is facing the wrist.
How long does it take for you to master boxing?
Boxing is one the oldest forms of martial arts. Around 2200 BC, China hosted the first boxing match. Boxing has been practiced for thousands of years. Boxing is still very popular with celebrities and athletes. However, it takes around 10 to learn how to box.
It takes so long for boxing to be learned because there are many types of movements involved. Each movement requires specific muscles to perform properly. This is why it takes time for these muscles to grow.
You can learn how to move your body and then you can begin practicing any type boxing technique. As you get more proficient at each technique, you will be able to improve your skills.
What is Boxing?
Boxing is a sport that involves two people who try to knock each other out by hitting them in the head and face. Boxing is about hitting an opponent as hard possible, without inflicting any injuries. In order for this to happen, both boxers must be able to throw punches at high speed. They also need to have good hand-eye coordination.
How can my punching form be improved?
Boxing’s most important aspect is punching form. You must develop good punch technique if you want to become a better boxer. Here are some ways to improve your boxing technique.
- Keep your head up. When you are throwing punches, your head should be raised.
- Punch from the shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Pay attention to your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Send short, sharp punches. To fatigue you more quickly, throw more punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always be ready to stop any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. The best way to defend your self is with your elbows.
- Use your legs. Your legs can save you from getting knocked over if you know how to use them properly.
- Practice every day. Even if you feel tired, continue training. You need practice to be successful at any task.
- Have fun! Have fun doing what you do.
- Remember to breathe. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t worry too much about making mistakes. Just focus on learning new things.
- Be patient. Boxing is not easy. It takes time to master your skills.
- Never stop improving. As long there is still room for improvement, there will continue to be improvement.
- Enjoy music. Listening to music can help you relax during training.
- Watch videos of professional boxers. The fights can inspire you and motivate you to work harder.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- Pause. Sometimes, you need to take a break. Play soccer or basketball outdoors.
- Find a coach. You can improve your boxing skills by having a coach who is knowledgeable.
- Push-ups: Push-ups can be a great way to increase strength and endurance.
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers work out for at least 4 hours each day. They spend time learning new moves and practice their punches, as well as studying boxing techniques. Boxers sometimes spar 10 times per semaine.
What is the average time it takes to learn boxing?
Boxing takes 3 months to learn. This includes learning the basics, such as footwork, stance, and balance. It’s important that you remember that boxing doesn’t only involve throwing punches. You need to learn how you can block and dodge attacks.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- You will need at least one punching bag. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- A mat is necessary. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- A headgear will be necessary. It protects your head when sparring. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These are available online and in offline shops. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. You can buy them online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.