JOE JOYCE reacted in hysterical fashion after his upcoming opponent Zhilei Zhang stormed into his gym during an interview.
Briton Joyce, 37, will take on Chinese heavyweight Zhang, 39, at the Copper Box Arena on April 15.
Joe Joyce was conducting an interview when Zhilei Zhang turned up at his gym
Zhang confronted Joyce but the pair were soon laughing at one another
Neither man is particularly known for his trash talking outside of the ring.
But Zhang, nicknamed Big Bang, attempted to whip up a bit of attention on Wednesday when he turned up uninvited to Joyce’s training facility.
Olympic silver medallist Joyce was being interviewed by Queensbury Promotions when Zhang bowled into the room.
A perplexed Joyce looked over and said: “Oh, here he is!”
Zhang then proceeded to rather confrontationally ask the Brit: “Big Bang is here. Are you ready?”
But Joyce did not quite understand the remark as he hilariously responded: “I don’t know what you said, but yeah, let’s go!”
Zhang then awkwardly said: “You’re ready? I’m ready.”
Before Joyce added: “You’re here. You flew over here? And you’re ready for action, yeah?”
HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL
The pair were then urged to move closer together as they took part in a face-off for the cameras.
Joyce has won all 15 of his professional fights to date – the last of which came against Joseph Parker in September.
And he has his sights firmly set on the winner of the undisputed fight between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk – which is expected to take place in the first half of 2023.
Meanwhile, Zhang suffered his first pro loss last time out against Filip Hrgovic, losing a close decision on the undercard of Usyk’s win over Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia in August.
Before that, he had won 24 and drawn one of his 25 contests.
And Zhang will be hoping he can spring a surprise on Joyce in what would be a devastating blow to the Brit’s world title ambitions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have the ability to train yourself to box?
Yes, it is possible to learn how to box. It is easy to find a gym that offers boxing classes in your area and then join one. Most gyms offer free classes, but if you don’t see one nearby, you can always look up local boxing clubs on Google.
You will also need gloves, mouthpieces and headgear to sparring with your partners. Once you have this equipment, it’s time to start practicing your kicks.
What’s the difference between a left cross and a left hook?
A left hook is thrown to the side of your body, while a right-cross is thrown to the front.
The opponent is facing the back of the left hook. The elbow is bent 90° and the wrist is turned 45° toward the opponent.
With the palm facing the opponent, a right cross is performed. The elbow should be straight. The opponent’s wrist is rotated 45 degrees to the side.
How to defend yourself
Always defend your head when you’re being attacked. The goal is to avoid getting punched. To do so, you need to know how to block an incoming punch. Here are the steps:
- Keep your shoulders square and tall.
- Keep your elbows close together.
- Block the incoming punch with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until the attacker runs away.
- Never give up on your defense.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You will need somewhere to train. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- You will need at least one punching bag. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You will need a pad. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- A headgear will be necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These can be purchased online and offline. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- Towels are essential. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. They should be soft and absorbent.
Did you miss our previous article…