JOE JOYCE has declared he can KNOCK OUT both Anthony Joshua and Jermaine Franklin.
The 37-year-old was left unimpressed by Joshua‘s unanimous points victory against Franklin.
Joe Joyce has declared he can knock out both Anthony Joshua and Jermaine Franklin
Joshua won his bout against Franklin with a unanimous points decision
And Joyce believes he has what it takes to knock both out.
Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: “I’d knock both of them out with their performance the other night.
“I’d definitely force a stoppage on Franklin and Joshua’s ripe for the picking.
“Not great but [Joshua] got the job done. He went 12 rounds, I thought he would come with some more firepower and aim to push a stoppage but he wasn’t really putting shots together.
“He was [using] single shots and boxed kind of like he did in the [Andy] Ruiz second fight. So it was a little bit disappointing.
“He seems to have gone, in my opinion, a bit backwards. Hasn’t progressed. I think he lacked the combinations but I think Franklin was a tough guy.”
Joshua is eyeing his next fight in the summer, with a number of potential opponents lined up including Joyce, Dillian Whyte, Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.
And 15-0 Joyce believes Joshua should be desperate to fight him due to him now having a higher rank and holding the WBO interim heavyweight title.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
He explained: “That would be his route back in.
“It would definitely be his way back in because I’m in front of him now, at last, high up the rankings and obviously got the WBO Interim.
“I was always trying to catch up with him but now I’ve overtaken him, so that’s good. That’s what I wanted. But I haven’t caught up to him financially yet so I need to have those big fights.”
However, Joyce revealed he expects AJ to dodge a fight with him in the summer.
Instead, he believes Joshua will prefer to face off with Whyte, who he previously defeated back in 2015 to claim the British heavyweight title.
Joyce added: “I’m a threat and he would prefer that [Whyte fight] until he’s got his mojo back.
“I’d like to see him against Dillian Whyte, because I think Dillian Whyte’s in the same situation. He didn’t really look too great in the last fight.
“So it would be good to see who the better man is and obviously they’ve got past bad blood. I think the fans would get behind that fight. It would be a good fight.”
Joyce himself is due to fight Zhilei Zhang on April 15.
Though he has insisted he is ready to step up to fight Tyson Fury after the Gypsy King’s talks with Oleksandr Usyk for a heavyweight unification bout collapsed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the various types of boxing gloves available?
There are three types of boxing gloves available: mitts and fingerless mitts. Mitten gloves have padding at the knuckles. Fingerless mitts, which do not provide padding around the fingers but cover them, have no padding at the knuckles. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire hand.
Mittens can be used for hitting the fist with your fist. Fingerless mitt glove are for striking the index finger with the knuckle. For punching with one fist, full-fingerered boxing gloves can be used.
How do you train boxers for beginners?
Boxing is one of the oldest sports in existence, but it was only recently that boxing became popular again. Two fighters are matched up in boxing. They punch each other until one of them falls.
It is important to decide if you like boxing before you can start training to become a fighter. You can view some fights on YouTube to experience what it’s like to punch someone. After you have decided if you are interested in boxing, you can choose the style of fighting that you like.
How to protect yourself
When you’re being attacked, you must always protect your head. The goal is to avoid getting punched. To do this, you will need to learn how to prevent an incoming punch. Here’s what to do:
- Square your shoulders and stand tall.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Block the incoming punch using your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking the attacker until he runs away.
- Never give up on your defense.
How to throw a jab:
Here’s a step-by, easy guide on how to throw a jab.
- With both feet, move forward
- Elevate your arm over your shoulder.
- Your target is at your feet.
- After hitting your target arm, lift your arm up.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4.
What is the average time it takes to learn boxing?
Learning boxing takes around 3 months. This includes learning how to do footwork, stand, and balance. Boxing isn’t just about throwing punches. You also need to learn how to block and dodge attacks.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- You will need at least one punching bag. This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- You need a bench. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- A headgear will be necessary. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You will need a towel. You need a towel to remove sweat after a workout. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. They should be soft and absorbent.