JOE JOYCE wants to lose his rag and wipe the floor with China’s giant Zhilei Zhang.
The 37-year-old Putney Juggernaut faces the giant 39-year-old on April 15 at East London’s Copper Box arena.
The future is looking bright for Joe Joyce after his victory over Joseph Parker last year
Zhang is set to pose a difficult test for Joyce
The 6ft 6in iron-jawed ace is on a flying run of form, with recent wins over Daniel Dubois and Joseph Parker.
While 6ft 6in ‘Big Bang Zhang’ suffered a harsh points loss last time out against Filip Hrgovic and is now 24-1-1.
Joyce is the mandatory challenger for the WBO heavyweight world title currently around Oleksandr Usyk‘s waist, so he could be at the front of the queue for the winner of Usyk and Tyson Fury’s planned April 29 undisputed decider.
Predicting a slugfest, Joyce roared: “It will be carnage in the centre of the ring!
“I have lost my temper a few times in sparring and once was against a come-forward southpaw who was trying to knock me out. It was an exciting spar.
“I think with me and Zhang there will be real heavy punches exchanged and I am sure it will be a good fight.
“It will be a good preparation for Usyk or Fury, plus I haven’t fought a southpaw since I won the Commonwealth title against Lenroy Thomas.”
Zhang is a huge attraction in China and was earmarked as a possible Anthony Joshua comeback opponent.
But he has slipped down the pecking order since he was robbed in Saudi Arabia, on the last AJ vs Usyk undercard, and Joyce agrees he will be out for revenge.
“He had a tough fight against Hrgovic,” Joyce said. “But I thought he won the fight.
“Zhang is a big, strong southpaw who is massive and he has been to the Olympics and all that. So, he has the experience and I think it will be a great fight.
“He bangs so I will have to watch out for it. As Hrgovic and I have a similar style, they had a great fight, so when we fight it should be entertaining.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 7 punches in boxing?
These seven punches are: jab cross, hook hook, uppercut straight right, left hook and body shot. These punches will be used to attack the opponent’s head, body and legs.
How can a beginner get started in boxing?
Boxing has been around since ancient times. Boxing was first developed to train warriors against their enemies in ancient times. Today, boxing is still widely practiced around the world. Boxing is not something you need to do in a gym. To box, all you need are a pair gloves and punching bags.
Amateur boxing clubs can be found in your area where you can get trained by professionals. After mastering basic punches, combinations, and other skills, you can compete in tournaments.
What is Boxing and how does it work?
Boxing is a sport that involves two people who try to knock each other out by hitting them in the head and face. The objective of boxing involves hitting your opponent as hard, but not causing any injury. To achieve this, both boxers should be able to throw punches with high velocity. They must also have good hand-eye coordination.
What are the different types of boxing gloves?
There are three types: mitts (fingerless mitts), full-fingerered gloves, and mitts (fingerless mitts). Mitten gloves have padding around the knuckles. Fingerless mitts have no padding around the knuckles but still cover the fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire of the hand.
Mittens can be used for hitting the fist with your fist. For striking or punching with the index finger’s knuckle, mitt gloves can be used. Full-fingered boxing gloves are used for punching with the whole fist.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoes : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You will need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is made mostly of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- A bench is necessary. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear is essential. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be bought online or in-store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These are available online and in offline shops. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- Rings are essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.