UFC commentator Joe Rogan reckons Conor McGregor came up short against Floyd Mayweather because he lacked ‘composure’.
The MMA superstar entered the boxing world in the summer of 2017 to lock horns with the former five-weight world champion in a multi-million-pound bout aptly dubbed ‘The Money Fight’.
Conor McGregor turned in a valiant display in his showdown with Floyd Mayweather in 2017
But the MMA superstar ended up suffering a tenth-round TKO defeat to Money
UFC commentator Joe Rogan reckons McGregor’s lack of ‘composure’ was his undoing
McGregor started the contest well and landed some good shots on Money but ultimately succumbed to fatigue and was stopped in the tenth round of the Sin City showdown.
And veteran UFC broadcaster Rogan reckons the Irishman would’ve had more success if he’d remained calm under the bright lights.
During the latest episode of his Joe Rogan Experience podcast, he said: “He just wasn’t composed enough to go ten rounds with one of the greatest of all time.”
Rogan was, however, impressed by McGregor’s display against the undefeated Mayweather, who is considered by many to be the greatest
He said: “Conor could’ve been a great boxer.
“He could’ve been a great boxer. He’s got a tremendous uppercut, too.
“The uppercut he caught Floyd with and he snapped Floyd’s head with.
“Floyd was like, ‘Okay.’ That was legit. He just wasn’t composed enough to go ten rounds with one of the greatest of all time.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
The greatest of all time.”
McGregor, 34, has campaigned for a rematch with Mayweather in the years since their desert dust-up but the fight has yet to materialise.
And The Notorious recently accused the boxing legend of going back on his word for a second bout.
During an appearance on Fox Sports, he said: “That was the original [plan].
“It was a verbal agreement, I box him, and he fights me.
“But you know, he didn’t honour it. He didn’t honour it yet. Who knows?
“I would go against him in another boxing bout, I’d like another crack at it.
“I can always say it is another boxing fight and then just bend the rules a little bit when we’re in there maybe.”
MMA icon McGregor is set to return to the octagon later this year for a mouthwatering showdown with Michael Chandler, although a date for their clash has not yet been announced.
The Dubliner hasn’t set foot inside the cage since breaking his leg in his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier in July 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find boxing equipment?
There are many websites that sell boxing equipment. Some of these include Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, and Sports Authority. Ross and TJ Maxx, which sell cheap boxing gear are good options.
Warrior, Golden Glove, or Premier Boxing Champions are all good options if quality is your goal.
How to throw the jab
You can throw a jab by following this easy step-by–step guide.
- With both feet, move forward
- Raise your arm above your shoulder.
- Keep your fist in front of your target.
- After hitting your target you should swing your arm up.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4.
How long does it take to become a professional boxer?
To become a professional boxer, it takes dedication and years of hard work. A minimum of 10 hours per week is required to train to become a professional ring fighter.
How can I practice boxing defense by myself?
Boxing is one the oldest martial arts known. Boxing is considered one of the most difficult sports to practice. You can’t just punch someone across the face and make him go away. You should know how to defend against punches, kicks, and other attacks.
Locate a boxing club near you. Once you have located a good gym, you can get gloves and headgear. Gloves protect you hands while the helmet protects your head. You will also need shorts and a shirt.
Once you have everything you need, you will need to warm up. Start slowly and work your way up gradually to full speed. If you feel ready, get on the bag and start sparring with another boxer. If you fail, don’t be discouraged. It doesn’t matter if you fail, just keep trying until you succeed.
How can I increase my defense against fighting?
Learning how to fight intelligently can help you improve your defense. You should be able defend against all attacks and also know how you can counterattack, if necessary.
If you don’t know how fight, you won’t be ready for anything. You’ll just get beaten up. But, if you are able to fight, you will be prepared for any situation.
Here are some suggestions to help improve your defense.
- Be aware of where your opponent is attacking. This means that you have to pay attention to your opponent’s body language. You should pay attention to his body language. If he seems nervous, that could be an indication of his next attack.
- Keep your cool. Don’t panic. Instead, keep calm and be focused.
- Block with your arms. It is simple and effective to defend yourself from attacks by blocking your arms.
- Counterattack. You should immediately counterattack your opponent if they are attacking you.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty is another way of defending yourself. You can kick your opponent back if he throws a kick at it.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You will need somewhere to train. The space you need to train can be found in the garage, basement and spare rooms, as well as in the living room. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- You need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- You need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be bought online or in-store. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.