KICKBOXER Danil Sharov suffered a horrific skull fracture in his latest venture to the ring – but he stunningly tried to carry on fighting.
The Russian made his pro debut on the WAKO’s FKR PRO 1 undercard this past weekend in a lightweight clash with his namesake – Danil Kirikov.
Danil Sharov was on the receiving end of a nasty knee in his clash with Danil Kirikov
The Russian grabbed his head shortly after having the injury pointed out
Sharov was left with a huge dent in his forehead
Sharov carried on fighting but the ringside doctor ended up waving off the contest
But he sustained an injury seldom received by pros courtesy of a nasty knee.
A devastating knee in the clinch connected flush on the forehead of Sharov with just over 30 seconds of the second round remaining.
Sharov wasn’t initially aware of the damage he sustained, although the same couldn’t be said for Kirikov.
Kirikov immediately pointed out the injury to the referee, which prompted a worried glance from Sharov.
Sharov, however, paid no attention and continued fighting – firing a hard low kick at his opponent.
But the referee intervened after seeing the huge dent in Sharov’s forehead and called the ringside doctor to inspect the damage.
The docotor didn’t like what he saw and immediately waved off the contest after putting his thumb into the indentation.
Sharov looked stunned by the decision, although it saved him from taking potentially serious brain damage.
Fight fans were left aghast by the injury, with one saying: “[The] toughness of this kid is insane. Acted like he got a cut or something.”
Another said: “How in the f**k?”
And another said: “Jesus what a great referee.
“That was hard to notice and that kid is too damn tough for his own good. Would have ended up very bad if it continued.”
One remarked: “Good on the opponent to spot that and not engage.”
Skull fractures are a rarity in combat sports, despite their bruising nature.
The most memorable one in mixed martial arts history was the one inflicted on Cyborg Santos by Michael ‘Venom’ Page at Bellator 158.
MVP caved Santos’ skull in with a picture-perfect flying knee that forced the Brazilian to retire from the sport.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of learning to box?
The following are reasons why you should learn how to box.
- It builds confidence. Learning to box will give you the courage to face bullies or other people who might try to bully you.
- It improves your overall health. Boxing is good for building muscle mass. Muscle mass makes you stronger.
- It helps you to learn self-defense skills. You learn how fight and how to protect yourself.
- It develops your mental toughness. You need mental toughness to face difficult situations.
- You feel accomplished. Once you’ve mastered a certain technique, you’ll feel like a real boxer.
- It’s fun! Nothing is more fun than being punched in a stomach.
- It’s cheap. It only takes a pair if boxing gloves, and a punchingbag.
- It doesn’t require much space
How do you practice boxing punches.
A punching bag is used for practicing boxing punches. You will continue to punch the bag until the technique is perfected. You can then move on to another area of your body. Once you feel you are comfortable in one area, you can move on to another.
How to throw a jab:
To throw a jab, simply follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Move forward with both your feet.
- Lift your arm up above your shoulder.
- Move your fist towards your target.
- After hitting your target, swing your arm backwards.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4.
Where can I find boxing equipment?
There are many websites that sell boxing equipment. Amazon, eBay. Walmart. Target. and Sports Authority are just a few of the many places you can buy boxing equipment online. You might also consider discount stores such as Ross and TJ Maxx if you are looking for low-cost boxing gear.
If you’re looking for quality boxing gear, then you may want to consider buying from reputable brands like Warrior, Golden Glove, and Premier Boxing Champions.
Do I have to fight in order to train boxing?
Fighting is the only way to train boxing. You must put in the work to get better at boxing. You will be able to improve your boxing technique and endurance.
A good fight will help you improve your boxing technique. You should observe how they move, throw punches and defend themselves. You can then try to imitate them.
Next, you will need to spar against another fighter. This is where you will see if your boxing technique has improved. You’ll notice how fast and strong you punch, as well as how effective you are at blocking incoming punches, when you spar.
Finally, practice your skills by performing drills. Practice is key, so don’t be discouraged and keep practicing.
What is the difference between left hook and right cross?
A left hook can be thrown from the side, and a right cross from the front.
A left hook can be thrown with the opponent’s back facing you. The elbow is bent 90°. The wrist is turned 45° toward opponent.
A right cross can be thrown with the palm facing towards the opponent’s face, and the elbow straight. The opponent’s wrist is rotated 45 degrees to the side.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You will need somewhere to train. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag is essential. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You will need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- Headgear is necessary. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- Rings are essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- Towels are essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. They should be soft and absorbent.