LAWRENCE OKOLIE returns to the ring TONIGHT to defend his WBO cruiserweight title against Chris Billam-Smith.
‘The Sauce’ retained his title back in March, overcoming David Light at the Manchester Arena.
Okolie will now take on one of his former key sparring partners at the Vitality in the shape of Billam-Smith.
- Main event start time: 10pm BST (approx)
- TV Channel: Sky Sports Boxing
- Live stream: NOW
Lawrence Okolie defeats David Light by unanimous desion
Okolie was victorious by unanimous decision against the New Zealand 31-year-old.
The judges scored the fight 116-112, 119-108 and 117-110.
Okolie is unbeaten in all of his 19 professional bouts, winning 14 by way of KO.
The title challenger, Chris Billam-Smith goes into the fight on the back of a knockout win against Armend Xhoxhaj.
‘The Gentleman’ has won 17 of his 18 fights with his only loss coming in 2019 to Richard Riakporhe.
Chris Billam-Smith was formally one of Lawrence Okolie’s key sparring partners when they two trained together at Shane McGuigan’s gym.
The Sauce now has the same coach as Tyson Fury, SugarHill Steward.
What channel is Lawrence Okolie vs Chris Billam-Smith on and can it be live streamed?
- Lawrence Okolie vs Chris Billam-Smith will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Boxing.
- Sky Sports customers can live stream all of the action via the NOW app.
- If you are not a Sky Sports customer, you can purchase a NOW Sports Membership for £34.99, which will give you access to all 11 Sky Sports channels and can be cancelled at any time.
- Alternatively, you can follow SunSport’s live blog to stay up to date with all the action.
Who is on the undercard?
Here are all the confirmed fights on the card so far:
- Okolie vs Billam-Smith for the WBO Cruiserweight title
- Mikael Lawal vs Isaac Chamberlain
- Lee Cutler vs Stanley Stannard
- Mace Ruegg vs Dean Dodge
- Lewis Edmondson vs Vladimir Belujsky
- Michael McKinson vs Lebin Morales
- Tommy Welch vs Amine Boucetta
- Sam Eggington vs Joe Pigford
- Karriss Artingstall vs Jade Taylor
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
Stay up to date with all the action from the Vitality Stadium…
Frequently Asked Questions
How much weight can I lift during a workout?
You must lift weights if your goal is to increase strength. Lifting weights should be done with care. Don’t do it too often. You should lift heavier weights at least once a week. Third, you should do 8 repetitions of each exercise. Fourth, between sets, take 2 minutes to rest. Fifth, you can do all the exercises without using momentum. And finally, focus on form rather than speed.
How do I practice boxing alone?
So, if you want to practice boxing without a partner, you can simply watch professional boxing matches on TV. You might also be able to find an amateur club nearby. Amateur boxing clubs often hold regular training sessions. These sessions often involve sparring partners who hit the pads together.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before hitting the bag you should make sure you are wearing protective gear, such as gloves.
How can I defend my boxing skills by myself?
Boxing is one the oldest martial arts known. Boxing is one of the most difficult sports you can play. You can’t just punch someone and knock him out. You need to know how you can defend yourself against punches or kicks.
First, find a gym that offers boxing. Once you’ve found the right place to train, it’s time to purchase gloves and a headgear. Gloves protect your hands while the headgear protects your head. You’ll also need to wear shorts and a T-shirt.
Once you have everything you need, you will need to warm up. Start slowly and work your way up gradually to full speed. When you feel ready, hit the bag and spar with another boxer. Don’t be disappointed if you do not succeed. You can always try again until it is perfect.
How long does boxers train for a day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They also spend time studying boxing techniques, learning new moves, and practicing their punches. Boxers spar 10 times per week.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You will need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made out of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- You will need a headgear. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used in real fight simulations. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You need a towel. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.