MICHAEL CONLAN will take on Luis Alberto Lopez for the IBF featherweight title THIS WEEKEND.
The Irishman almost became WBA featherweight champion in March 2022 but narrowly lost to Leigh Wood.
Michael Conlan celebrates defeating Karim Guerfi in the first round of their featherweight bout at the SSE Arena in Belfast
The bout was stopped dramatically in the 12th and final round as Conlan was knocked out by the champion, and the fight was named Fight of the Year in 2022.
‘Mick’ has since bounced back with a win over Miguel Marriaga in August 2022.
Conlan then defeated Karim Guerfi in his next fight in December with a brutal first-round knockout.
Lopez beat British boxer Josh Warrington in his previous bout and claimed the IBF World Featherweight title.
On Saturday the Mexican will defend the title for the first time since becoming the champion in December.
When is Luis Alberto Lopez vs Michael Conlan?
- Luis Alberto Lopez vs Michael Conlan will take place on Saturday, May 27.
- The undercard is expected to begin at 4pm BST.
- The ring walks for the main event are scheduled to start at 9pm BST.
- The SSE Arena in Belfast will play host.
What channel is Luis Alberto Lopez vs Michael Conlan on and can it be live streamed?
- Luis Alberto Lopez vs Michael Conlan will be broadcast live on BT Sport 1.
- BT Sport customers can live stream all the action from Belfast via the BT Sport app.
- Alternatively, you can follow SunSport’s live blog for all the latest updates.
Who is on the card?
- Luis Alberto Lopez vs. Michael Conlan for IBF featherweight title
- Nick Ball vs. Ludomo Lumati
- Anthony Cacace vs. Damian Wrzesinski
- Conor Quinn vs. Juan Hinostroza
- Padraig McCrory vs. Diego Ramirez
- Pierce O’Leary vs. Alin Ciorceri
- William Hayden vs. Jordan Ellison
- Kieran Molloy vs. Lesther Espino
- Fearghus Quinn vs. Ruben Angulo
- Kurt Walker vs. Maicol Velazco
- James Freeman vs. Jordan Grannum
- Callum Thompson vs. Marian Istrate
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers often train at least 4 hours per day. They learn new moves and practice their punches. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
What are the different types and uses of boxing gloves?
There are three main types in boxing gloves: mitts; fingerless mitts; and full-fingerered. Mitten gloves have padding around the knuckles. Fingerless mitts, which do not provide padding around the fingers but cover them, have no padding at the knuckles. Full-finger gloves have padding all over the hand.
Mittens are used for punching or hitting with the fist. For striking or punching with the index finger’s knuckle, mitt gloves can be used. Boxing gloves that are full-fingered can be used to punch with your whole fist.
Where can I buy boxing gear?
There are many different places online where you can buy boxing equipment. You can find equipment online at Amazon, eBay, Walmart and Target. Ross and TJ Maxx offer great deals on boxing gear at a fraction of the cost.
Warrior, Golden Glove, or Premier Boxing Champions are all good options if quality is your goal.
What is the average time it takes to become a professional fighter?
To become a professional boxer, it takes dedication and years of hard work. You will need to train at least 10 hours per semaine if you want to be a professional boxer.
How to defend yourself
Protect your head when you are being attacked. Your goal is to avoid getting punched in the first place. To do so, you need to know how to block an incoming punch. Here are the steps:
- Stand tall and square yourshoulders.
- Keep your elbows close together.
- Block the punch from coming with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until you see the attacker run away.
- Keep fighting for your rights.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to learn how to box for fitness
How to box for exercise
Learning boxing will help you improve your self-confidence and physical fitness. Boxing is the most well-known sport in the world. It requires strength and speed as well agility, coordination, balance, power, and accuracy.
Boxing is an excellent way to lose weight and feel great about yourself. You’ll find that you enjoy the activity so much that you’ll want to keep doing it.
There are many options for boxing training. Some take place at gyms or health clubs while others require you to train at home. Online courses allow you to learn from anywhere in the globe.
When choosing a program, make sure that it meets your goals and fits into your lifestyle. The best programs include exercises designed to build muscle mass, increase flexibility, improve cardiovascular endurance, and enhance overall well-being.
It is important to consider whether you would prefer a beginner’s or an advanced course. Beginner’s programs usually teach basic techniques and drills such as shadowboxing, sparring, mitt work, and punching combinations. Advanced programs cover more complex movements and offer more variety.
The beginner’s program usually lasts around 8 weeks and costs less than $100. However, they do not offer guidance on nutrition, weight reduction, injury prevention, or any other aspects of boxing training.
Advanced programs generally last around six months and cost approximately $300. They often include nutritional advice, stretching routines, warm-up exercises, and instruction on proper technique. Some programs also include resistance training (e.g. lifting weights) or aerobic conditioning (e.g. running).