JAKE PAUL has called out Tommy Fury’s dad – John – for making his rival a worse fighter.
John is Tommy Fury‘s personal trainer and has always been with him, even when he had stints with Ricky Hatton and Shayne McGuigan as his trainers.
Jake Paul has claimed that Tommy Fury’s dad – John – is holding back his career
John is Tommy’s trainer
But Paul, 26, who has turned himself into a boxer after building up his profile through YouTube, believes that John is hindering Tommy’s career.
He said: “I’m getting 33 per cent better each year, because I’ve only been boxing three years.
“I am increasing exponentially, whereas Tommy’s done it for 12 years, so how much can his skill level really improve?
“He’s really stuck in his ways of how he is as a boxer, especially with his dad training him.
“He’s worked with other trainers who are way better, but his dad is actually hindering him and making him a worse fighter.”
The ‘Problem Child’ made the digs ahead of their Saudi showdown on Sunday.
The boxing match has been wanted since 2021, but it was repeatedly pushed back as Fury has withdrawn on two occasions.
While Fury, 23, has had other trainers, he has insisted that John has always been his “primary trainer”.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
He said: “My dad’s my primary trainer, he’s always been my primary trainer.
“For anyone out there saying we can’t do this or that, this is another fight where we’re going to show you what we can do.”
Both Paul and Fury go into the fight undefeated and with four wins by knockout.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for you to master boxing?
Boxing is one of the oldest martial arts known to man. China is where the first known boxing match took place in 2200 BC. Boxing has been practiced over thousands of year. Today, boxing is still loved by celebrities and athletes. It takes around 10 months for a boxer to be proficient.
It takes so long for boxing to be learned because there are many types of movements involved. To perform each movement properly, you need specific muscles. This is why it takes time for these muscles to grow.
You can learn how to move your body and then you can begin practicing any type boxing technique. As you get more proficient at each technique, you will be able to improve your skills.
How can you box punches properly?
Boxing punches are practiced using a punching bag. You punch the bag until you feel like you’ve mastered the technique. Next, you’ll move on to the next part of your body. Once you feel comfortable with one area, you’ll move on to the next.
What are the benefits to boxing?
There are many health benefits associated with boxing. Boxing builds strong bones and muscles. It improves your coordination and reflexes. It also strengthens your heart and lungs. Boxing doesn’t need any special equipment. You can use anything you have lying around the house.
How can I improve my punching form?
Boxing’s most important aspect is punching form. To be a good boxer, you need to master the art of punching. Here are some tips for improving your punching ability.
- Keep your head elevated. Keep your head up when you’re throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Keep your eyes on your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Throw short, quick punches. To fatigue you more quickly, throw more punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always keep your distance from any punches coming in.
- Use your elbows. The best way to defend your self is with your elbows.
- Use your legs. You can avoid being knocked to the ground if you learn how to properly use your legs.
- Every day, practice. Even if you feel exhausted after training, don’t give up. It takes practice to get good at anything.
- Have fun Enjoy what your doing.
- Keep your eyes open and take deep, slow breaths. Being able to breathe properly will make you more powerful and provide you with energy.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Don’t worry about making mistakes. Instead, focus on learning new skills.
- Be patient. Boxing is not easy. It takes time for you to get better at boxing.
- Never stop learning. There will always be improvement.
- Music is a great way to relax. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- Check out these videos featuring professional boxers. You can be inspired by watching them fight.
- Read books. Reading is a great way to learn about boxing.
- Pause. Sometimes, it is helpful to take a break from boxing. Play basketball or soccer outside.
- Find a coach. Boxing is a sport that requires a coach with a lot of experience. This will help you to improve quicker.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups can be a great way to increase strength and endurance.
How can I box without a partner?
If you’re looking for a partner to practice boxing, you can watch boxing matches on television. Or you can find an amateur boxing club near you. Amateur boxing clubs hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically involve sparring partners, who often hit pads together.
Boxing can also be practiced using punching bags. Just make sure that you’re wearing protective gear such as boxing gloves before hitting the bag.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to box for training
How to box for exercise
Your goal in learning boxing is self-confidence and improvement of your physical fitness. Boxing has become a very popular sport. It requires speed, agility and strength.
Boxing is a great way of getting fit and feeling good about yourself. You’ll love the activity and want to continue it.
There are many boxing training options. Some are held at health clubs or gyms, while others can be done at home. Online courses are available that you can access anywhere in the world.
You should ensure that the program you select meets your lifestyle and goals. The best programs focus on exercises that increase muscle mass, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. They also promote overall well being.
Consider whether you prefer a beginner or advanced course. Beginner’s courses usually cover basic techniques such as shadowboxing or sparring, mittwork and punching combinations. Advanced programs cover more complex movements and offer more variety.
A beginner’s program typically lasts eight weeks and costs less $100. They don’t offer any advice on nutrition, weight loss or injury prevention.
Advanced programs generally last around six months and cost approximately $300. They can include nutrition advice, stretching routines, warm up exercises, and instructions on proper technique. In addition, some programs incorporate resistance training (such as lifting weights) and aerobic conditioning (such as running).