MAURICIO Lara and Leigh Wood will take to the ring once again as the Englishman looks to reclaim his WBA featherweight title in a mouthwatering rematch TONIGHT.
Last February, the two went head-to-head in Nottingham and put on a show to remember.
However, their rematch this evening has been clouded in controversy, with Lara failing his midweek weight check.
- Main event start time: 10pm BST (approx)
- TV Channel: DAZN (Channel 429 on Sky for subscribers)
- Live stream: DAZN
Mauricio Lara defeated Leigh Wood and claimed the WBA featherweight title
Lara dethroned Wood in their first bout after winning by way of TKO in the seventh round.
The former champion was ahead on the judge’s scorecards before being caught with a huge left hook by the Mexican.
Wood hit the canvas in his home town and tried to soldier on before his trainer Ben Davison threw in the towel.
But the second fight has been clouded in controversy, with Lara failing his midweek weight check.
The British Boxing Board of Control were concerned and warned Lara that he was forbidden from dehydrating himself down to less than 128.6lbs on Friday.
But, after Wood obeyed the rules and weighed in at 125.9lbs, Lara bowled in at 129.8lbs.
The BBBoC were fuming but the title decision fell to the sanctioning body who thankfully took action on Friday afternoon and stripped the champion.
When is Mauricio Lara vs Leigh Wood 2?
- Mauricio Lara vs Leigh Wood 2 will take place TONIGHT – Saturday, May 27.
- The card is expected to start at 7pm UK time.
- The ringwalks for the main event are scheduled to get underway from 10pm UK time.
- The AO Arena will play host.
What channel is Mauricio Lara vs Leigh Wood 2 on and can it be live streamed?
- Mauricio Lara vs Leigh Wood 2 will be shown like on DAZN PPV but a price is yet to be confirmed.
- If you are not a DAZN subscriber, you can purchase a subscription for £9.99 per month for 12 months.
- DAZN customers can live stream Mauricio Lara vs Leigh Wood 2 via the DAZN app or DAZN.com.
- Alternatively, you can follow SunSport’s live blog to stay up to date with all the action.
Can you watch DAZN on TV?
- On March 23, DAZN launched their first TV channel on Sky known as DAZN 1 HD.
- The channel will show a 24/7 schedule of live and catch-up content including 50-plus fights a year.
- DAZN will be on Sky channel 429 in the UK and Ireland.
- To access the channel, you will need a DAZN subscription which will also give you access to the DAZN app.
Who is on the undercard?
Here are all the confirmed fights on the card so far:
- Mauricio Lara vs Leigh Wood for the WBA featherweight title
- Jack Catterall vs Darragh Foley
- Terri Harper vs Ivana Habazin for WBA super-welterweight title
- Campbell Hatton vs Michal Bulik
- Danny Ball vs Jamie Robinson
- Aqib Fiaz vs Costin Ion
- Aaron Bowen vs Aljaz Venko
- William Crolla vs Joe Hardy
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
Stay up to date with all the action from the AO Arena…
Frequently Asked Questions
How many punches can one human take?
A punch is “a blow delivered from the fist”. The human body can only take one punch at a given time. When someone hits you in the face, he/she is punching you. You cannot hit the person back. It would be impossible to hit him/her back with two punches.
How long does it take you to learn boxing
Boxing takes approximately 3 months to learn. This includes learning basic skills like footwork and stance. It’s important to remember that boxing is not only about throwing punches. It is important to know how to dodge and block attacks.
How to defend yourself
Always defend your head when you’re being attacked. You want to avoid being punched. You must know how to stop an incoming punch. Here’s the way to do it.
- Stand tall and square yourshoulders.
- Keep your elbows close together.
- Block the incoming punch using your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until you see the attacker run away.
- Don’t let your defense slip.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
These are the basics of boxing
How to effectively box
Boxing is one of the most popular sports in the world. It involves two people who attempt to knock each other out of their heads. Each country has its own rules. There are generally three types of boxing: Amateur, Professional, and Olympic.
Amateur boxing is usually practiced at school, college or university. This type of boxing allows sparring without protection. Amateur boxing contests are usually three rounds in length, lasting five minutes each. There are many different styles of amateur boxing including Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Karate, Judo, Wrestling and others.
Most professional boxing takes place in gyms, clubs, and stadiums. They have protective equipment such as mouthpieces. Professional boxing competitions consist of six rounds lasting four minutes each. There are many styles to professional boxing.
Olympic boxing is practiced at the Olympics. Special protective gear must be worn by boxers to ensure compliance with international standards. The competition lasts for eight rounds, each lasting three minutes. Olympic boxing can be divided into two types: Light Flyweight (Heavyweight) and Heavyweight (Light Flyweight).
Boxing’s fundamental skills are:
- Punching techniques
- Techniques for protecting yourself
- Body movement
There are seven types. Each punch has its own technique. Some punches require more strength than others. A strong uppercut for example requires a lot of force. A straight punch on the other side requires less power, but is more effective than other punches.
There are also many combinations. These are combinations which combine several punches in order to achieve a specific goal. A combination can contain multiple parts. For example, a left hook followed by a right cross will cause damage to the opponent’s jaw.
To defend himself from being attacked, a boxer uses his entire body. He does this by using his legs.
Boxers must use their legs to defend themselves against kicks. When he receives a kick, he raises his leg and moves away from the attacker. If the attacker is coming from the front, he will bend at the knees to avoid getting kicked on either side. If the attack is from the side, he will bend his knees to avoid being kicked on the side.
Elbow strikes are very powerful because they inflict great pain. An elbow strike can be delivered either directly or indirectly. Directly refers to hitting your opponent with the forearm, while indirect means you hit him using another part of your arms.
Boxers use their hands as a shield against incoming punches. Boxers raise their fists to block incoming blows and then move in the direction of the attacker’s attack. They then make contact with their attacker’s fist.
Boxers who are subject to a punch to their stomachs, abdomens, or chests should bend at the knees to absorb the impact. Defense purposes are often served by knee strikes.
If he is being attacked, a boxer must take a step back and counter-attack. He can then gain distance from his opponent. In addition, when delivering a counter-attack, a boxer should keep his balance.
A boxer must have a stance in order to be effective at boxing. The way he defends him will be dictated by his stance. It determines where he will face his opponent and how he will position his body. There are many stances available to boxers. Here are some of the more popular ones:
- Low stance
- High stance
- Southpaw stance
- Western stance
Move your body
A boxer must be able to move around his opponent in order to win a fight. This involves changing positions, speed, rhythm and timing.
Boxers rotate their arms when they throw a punch. Depending on the type and size of punch, the speed at which the rotation takes place varies.
Timing of each punch is crucial to the effectiveness of a combination. A combination is good if it starts with a strong punch then ends with a weaker one.
Sparring is an exercise session to improve boxing skills. Sparring is a training session that helps a boxer train his mind and body. In conclusion, the purpose of sparring is to learn how to fight and not get hurt.
It is important to be patient and dedicated when learning how to box. To be a better boxer you need to train hard.