MEET BT Sport’s newest ring girl, Natalie Lauren.
Natalie was the latest addition to BT’s cast for Anthony Yarde’s light heavyweight clash with Artur Beterbiev over the weekend.
Natalie Lauren is BT Sport’s newest recuit
Natalie was crowned Miss Swimsuit UK last year
She is currently studying for a business degree
Hailing from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, stunning redhead Natalie will also be expected to be involved when Jake Paul and Tommy Fury finally settle their beef in February.
But in the meantime, Natalie will be busy studying for a degree in Business Management.
The 28-year-old is in the second year of her studies.
However, she has not allowed them to consume her life as she has continued to participate in beauty pageants.
Indeed, last year Natalie was crowned Miss Swimsuit UK, although her rise to stardom has been far from easy.
She has previously spoken about bullying she had to overcome in her younger years.
Following her Miss Swimsuit victory, Natalie said: “I’ve dropped out of so many things in the past because of confidence issues so I just went for it with this and it paid off.
“When they announced the winner – I literally can’t even explain the feeling. I was so nervous and I wasn’t expecting to win, it’s one thing to take part but to actually win. I was so speechless. It was magical, I am so thankful.”
Natalie also revealed how her lack of confidence saw her drop out of events in the past.
She added: “I have felt so proud of myself; it took a while to sink in but I can’t help but smile when I think about my journey.
“I entered into Miss Lancashire a few years back and dropped out – I was too overwhelmed at the time with self doubt.”
Natalie followed up her Miss Swimsuit victory by competing in the US version of the contest in October.
However, this time she was unable to pick up the gong, though there was some respite in her being named as one of Chamrz Magazine’s top 12 girls on their latest calender.
Taking to her Instagram page afterwards, she said: “I have learned so much and will take on board all that I have learned for next year as I am so keen to go back and try even harder!
“Bring on getting myself back in routine now that I am home! Refocusing and getting back in that gym after too many weeks off!
I can’t wait to see you girls! Until we meet again
Natalie 8,500 Instagram followers
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you improve your punching form?
The most important part of boxing is the punching technique. You must develop good punch technique if you want to become a better boxer. These tips will help improve your punching skills.
- Keep your head up. Your head should always be up while throwing punches.
- Punch from your shoulder. When you throw a punch, try to hit the target from the shoulder instead of the chin.
- Keep your eyes on your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Give short, fast punches. Throwing longer punches will tire you out more quickly.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always be ready to stop any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. Your elbows can be used to protect yourself.
- Learn to use your legs. You can avoid being knocked to the ground if you learn how to properly use your legs.
- Keep practicing every day. Even if you feel exhausted after training, don’t give up. It takes practice to become proficient at anything.
- Have fun Have fun doing what you do.
- Breathe. Being able to breathe properly will make you more powerful and provide you with energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry about making errors. Just focus on learning new things.
- Be patient. Boxing can be difficult. It takes time and practice to improve your skills.
- Never stop learning. As long there is still room for improvement, there will continue to be improvement.
- Listen to music. You can relax and focus during training by listening to music.
- You can watch videos of professional boxers. You may be inspired to work harder by watching them compete.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- Take breaks. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Play soccer or basketball outside.
- Find a coach. You can improve your boxing skills by having a coach who is knowledgeable.
- Push-ups: Push-ups are great for endurance and strength building.
How to defend yourself:
Always defend your head when you’re being attacked. Your goal is to avoid getting punched in the first place. You need to be able to block an incoming punch in order to avoid getting punched. Here are the steps:
- Stand tall and square yourshoulders.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Block the incoming punch with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until you see the attacker run away.
- Keep fighting for your rights.
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They also spend time studying boxing techniques, learning new moves, and practicing their punches. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
How long does it take for you to learn boxing
Learning boxing takes around 3 months. It takes 3 months to learn the basics of boxing, including footwork, stance and balance. Boxing isn’t just about throwing punches. It’s important to be able to block and dodge punches.
How do you train boxers for beginners?
Although boxing is one the oldest sports, it has only recently been rediscovered as a popular sport. Two fighters fight each other in boxing. They punch each other until one fighter falls down.
Find out if you are interested in boxing before you start thinking about becoming a boxer. You can try watching some fights on YouTube and see how it feels to hit someone. Once you have decided that boxing is for you, you can decide what style of fight you prefer.
What are the different types and uses of boxing gloves?
There are three main types of boxing gloves: mitts, fingerless mitts, and full-fingered gloves. The padding around the knuckles of mitten gloves is called padding. Fingerless mitts do not have padding around the knuckles, but they still cover the fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire of the hand.
For punching with the fist, mittens can be used. Fingerless mitts gloves are designed for striking or punching with your index finger’s index finger. For punching with one fist, full-fingerered boxing gloves can be used.
What is Boxing, exactly?
Boxing is a sport that involves two people who try to knock each other out by hitting them in the head and face. The goal of boxing, is to strike your opponent as hard as you can without causing injury. For this to happen, both boxers have to be able and willing to throw punches at a high rate of speed. They must also be able to coordinate their hand-eye movements.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- A place to train is essential. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- A mat is necessary. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. It is usually made out of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- A bench is necessary. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- You will need a headgear. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Choose the right pair for you.
- You will need a ring. Rings can be used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You will need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. They should be soft and absorbent.