Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sporting ExcitementSporting Excitement

Boxing

Mike Tyson reveals he will fight old foe Lennox Lewis – with combined age of 111 – in September as he looks for revenge

, Mike Tyson reveals he will fight old foe Lennox Lewis – with combined age of 111 – in September as he looks for revenge

MIKE TYSON has claimed that he has convinced Lennox Lewis to face him in an exhibition fight – despite the pair having a combined age of 111.

The Baddest Man on the Planet is now 55-years-old and earns a whopping £500k-a-month from his cannabis empire.

Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis are set to battle one more time
Iron Mike was KOed by the British legend back in 2002

But the lure of boxing, and the huge sums of cash on offer, led to the heavyweight legend making a stunning return to the ring in November 2020 over 15 years after retiring.

Ex-world champion Tyson drew in an eight-round exhibition with fellow American great Roy Jones Jr, 53, on a Triller pay-per-view which sold a reported 1.6million packages.

Now he says that fans will get to see him in action again – only this time it will be against the British icon.

The two men originally came face-to-face 20 years ago and had a heated and infamous build-up to their blockbuster fight.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

READ MORE IN SPORT

, Mike Tyson reveals he will fight old foe Lennox Lewis – with combined age of 111 – in September as he looks for revenge

‘We are making it happen’

Jake Paul agrees to fight heavyweight legend Tyson ‘THIS YEAR’

, Mike Tyson reveals he will fight old foe Lennox Lewis – with combined age of 111 – in September as he looks for revenge

FREE BONUS

Join Sun Vegas now to get £10 free with no deposit required – offer has paused

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

But it was Lewis who stood tall after a stunning eighth-round knockout win over the American superstar.

Tyson told TMZ as he left a restaurant in Los Angeles on Tuesday: “I’m gonna fight Lennox Lewis.”

The only other details that he provided was stating that the bout will take place in “September” this year.

Fellow former world title holder Lewis, 55, retired from boxing in 2004.

SUN BINGO GET £50 BONUS & 50 FREE SPINS TODAY

He did reveal back in 2019 that he would consider taking on Tyson in an exhibition clash – but only for a $100 million purse.

Lewis has yet to publicly respond to Iron Mike’s comments.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Tyson had previously revealed that he wants to go one-on-one with Evander Holyfield, the man whose ear he infamously bit a chunk out of, one last time before he officially wraps up his legendary career.

He said: “I want Holyfield and I want Lennox Lewis this year.

“I want both of them, I want to get them both this year. I also want to box an exhibition with Tyson Fury.

“If I do that — even if I can get those two guys [Lewis and Holyfield], I’ll say, ‘This is a wrap, I’m just gonna live life’.”

Advertisement
Advertisement

Latest

Boxing

DEREK CHISORA claimed he told Tyson Fury that Jake Paul will knock out his brother Tommy. Chisora is helping promote the grudge match between...

Boxing

EDDIE HEARN has opened the door to Manny Pacquaio fighting Conor Benn after holding talks. Pacquiao stated his intention to return to boxing following...

Golf

PAIGE SPIRANAC stunned in a low-cut top as she asked her followers for a round of nine holes. The golf influencer often shares raunchy...

Boxing

ANTHONY JOSHUA has agreed to make his boxing return against Jermaine Franklin – but the fight is NOT signed. AJ is coming off consecutive...

Boxing

TYRON WOODLEY has slammed KSI over his “very disrespectful” contract talks which left him fuming. The ex-UFC champion was in negotiations to face KSI...

Boxing

FLOYD MAYWEATHER left a YouTuber with beaten up face after sparring in his famous Las Vegas gym. The American legend shared four rounds in...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement