OLEKSANDR USYK’S promoter hopes Tyson Fury is “brave enough” to accept an undisputed title fight next year.
Fury returns on Saturday at Tottenham’s stadium in a trilogy bout against Derek Chisora, who he beat in 2011 and 2014.
Promoter Alex Krassyuk with Oleksandr Usyk
Tyson Fury ahead of his trilogy fight with Derek Chisora
But behind the scenes, talks are already underway for the heavyweight division’s first four-belt unification.
Usyk’s promoter Alex Krassyuk told Sky Sports: “We all hope [Fury] is brave enough to take this challenge.
“To accept the challenge of fighting a small “middleweight” rabbit from Ukraine who’s going to take his green belt away.”
Fury faces Chisora after failing to get Usyk or British rival Anthony Joshua in the ring.
WBA, IBF and WBO boss Usyk, 35, ruled himself out of the unification until 2023 after beating Joshua, 33, for a second time.
The Ukrainian will be in London on a scouting mission as Fury, 34, defends his WBC title against Chisora, 38.
Promoter Bob Arum said: “He’ll be ringside to watch with his manager and promoter.
“We all know each other. There’ll be no nonsense and posturing. We’ll be able to put it together right away.
Fury vs Chisora 3: Date, live stream and TV info for huge heavyweight bout
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
“[Usyk] told us that he isn’t ready to fight until ’23. If Fury is successful we would look to make that fight some time in February, beginning of March.
“But again he’s got to beat Chisora for that to happen.”
Fury is just a win away from the historic unification next year, set for Saudi Arabia.
But Hall of Famer Arum has warned not to rule Chisora out as he expects a knockout either way.
He said: “Chisora’s not an easy out. Tough, tough guy.
“These are two no nonsense guys, they’re going to go in and they’re going to try to knock each other’s block off.
“We’re going to see a knockout. We may see a lot of knockdowns. It’s going to be an exciting fight.”
Oleksandr Usyk, promoter Bob Arum and Tyson Fury
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Boxing?
Boxing is a sport in which two people fight to knock one another out. They do this by hitting each other in the head and face. The goal of boxing, is to strike your opponent as hard as you can without causing injury. For this to happen, both boxers have to be able and willing to throw punches at a high rate of speed. They also need to have good hand-eye coordination.
What are the benefits to learning how to box?
Here are some reasons to learn boxing:
- It builds confidence. Learning to box will give you the courage to face bullies or other people who might try to bully you.
- It can improve your health. Boxing can help build muscle mass. Muscle mass is what makes you stronger.
- It teaches self-defense skills. If you know how to fight, then you will be able to protect your self.
- It increases your mental toughness. It is crucial to have mental toughness when faced with challenges.
- It can give you a feeling of accomplishment. When you master a particular technique, it will make you feel like a true fighter.
- It’s fun! Nothing is more fun than being punched in a stomach.
- It’s cheap. All you need are a pair of punching bags and boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t require much space
How to throw a jab
To throw a jab, simply follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Move forward with both your feet.
- Elevate your arm over your shoulder.
- Place your fist on the target.
- After hitting your target, swing your arm backwards.
- Repetition steps 1 through 4.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How to box for training
How to Learn to Box For Exercise
Your goal in learning boxing is self-confidence and improvement of your physical fitness. Boxing is a popular sport. It requires strength and speed as well agility, coordination, balance, power, and accuracy.
Learning how to box is a great way to get fit and feel good about yourself. You will find that the activity is enjoyable and you want to continue doing it.
There are many options for boxing training. Some are held at health clubs or gyms, while others can be done at home. There are also online courses which allow you to study from anywhere in the world.
Make sure you choose a program that meets your needs and is compatible with your lifestyle. The best programs focus on exercises that increase muscle mass, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. They also promote overall well being.
It is important to consider whether you would prefer a beginner’s or an advanced course. Beginner’s programs usually teach basic techniques and drills such as shadowboxing, sparring, mitt work, and punching combinations. Advanced programs usually cover more complicated movements and offer more options.
These programs are generally less expensive than $100 and last for eight weeks. These programs do not provide guidance about nutrition, weight, injury prevention or any other aspect of boxing training.
Advanced programs can last up to six months, and usually cost about $300. These programs include nutrition advice and stretching routines. In addition, some programs incorporate resistance training (such as lifting weights) and aerobic conditioning (such as running).