SALT PAPI will be hoping to shake things up in the ring again when he battles against MMA star Anthony Taylor on Misfits Boxing series 007.
Papi has won all three of his fights during his short boxing career – winning two of them by KO which includes a ferocious first round beatdown on Josh Brueckner in January.
Salt Papi knocked out Josh Brueckner in the first round
Anthony Taylor (L) lost his fight to Idris Virgo (r)
And his charismatic style has caught the attention of former champion Manny Pacquiao who commented on the win with: “Pwede Na” which translates to ‘go for it’.
However, the TikTok sensation is set to face his toughest challenge yet in Taylor who had once put together a five-fight win streak before losing to Tommy Fury in August 2021.
But “Pretty Boy” hasn’t been in a boxing encounter since his loss to Idris Virgo at Misfits series 004.
With Papi going into this encounter undefeated and Taylor needing to bounce back, it makes for an intriguing match-up.
When is Salt Papi vs Taylor?
Salt Papi’s tasty Misfits Boxing bout against Anthony Taylor takes place on Saturday, May 13.
The main card is expected to get underway from 7pm UK time.
While ring-walks for the fight at the top of the bill is scheduled for 10pm UK time.
Wembley Arena in London is the allocated venue for this fight and it can host approximately 12,500 fans.
What channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
Salt Papi vs Anthony Taylor will be shown live on DAZN PPV in the UK, with a price yet to be announced for the event.
However, viewers can subscribe to DAZN in the UK for £9.99-a-month, which commits you to an entire year of action.
A flexible pass, worth £19.99-a-month, is also available, and you can cancel anytime.
Alternatively, DAZN provides an option for viewers to pay £99.99 for the year up front, and this is the lowest cost option.
The fight is available for live streaming on your mobile or tablet device from the DAZN app or can be watched on DAZN 1 HD on Sky channel 429.
Salt Papi vs Taylor full card
Social media superstar KSI will be headlining the Misfits Boxing 007 main event against Joe Fournier.
While his little brother Deji takes on KSI’s former opponent Swarmz in the co-main event of the evening.
- KSI vs Joe Fournier – MAIN EVENT
- Deji Olatunji vs Swarmz
- Salt Papi vs Anthony Taylor
- Tennessee Thresh vs Paigey Cakey
- Viruzz vs DK Money
- Lil Bellsy vs Lil Kymchii
- Pre-show: Wings of Redemption vs Boogie2988
What has been said?
Anthony Taylor took to social media to quote Mike Tyson’s historic quotes.
The MMA star wrote on Twitter: “I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there’s ever been. There’s no one can stop me.
“@therealsaltpapi is a conqueror? No, I’m Alexander, he’s no Alexander. I’m the best ever! There’s never been anybody as ruthless!
“I’m Sonny Liston, I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s no one like me. I’m from their cloth. There’s no one that can match me.
“My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I’m just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!”
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of boxing gloves?
There are three main types in boxing gloves: mitts; fingerless mitts; and full-fingerered. Mitten gloves have padding around the knuckles. Fingerless mitts have no padding around the knuckles but still cover the fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding throughout the entire hand.
For punching with the fist, mittens can be used. Fingerless mitt gloves are used for punching or striking with the knuckle of the index finger. Boxing gloves that are full-fingered can be used to punch with your whole fist.
What are the benefits of learning to box?
These are the reasons you need to learn how box.
- It builds confidence. Learning to box will give you the courage to face bullies or other people who might try to bully you.
- It is good for your health. Boxing is good for building muscle mass. Muscle mass is what makes you stronger.
- It teaches you self-defense skills. If you know how to fight, then you will be able to protect your self.
- It improves your mental toughness. Mental toughness is vital when facing difficult situations.
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment. When you master a particular technique, it will make you feel like a true fighter.
- It’s fun! It’s great fun to get punched in your stomach.
- It’s cheap. You only need a pair boxing gloves and punching bag.
- It doesn’t require much space
Can you learn to box?
You can learn how to box. You just need to find a boxing gym near you and join a class. Although most gyms offer free classes to their members, it is possible to search Google for other local boxing clubs.
You will also need gloves, mouthpieces and headgear to sparring with your partners. Once you have all the equipment, you can start practicing your kicks and punches.
How long does it usually take to become an elite boxer?
To become a professional boxer, it takes dedication and years of hard work. If you want to become a professional boxer, you’ll need to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to training.
How can you learn to box punch?
A punching bag is used for practicing boxing punches. You punch the bag until you feel like you’ve mastered the technique. Next, you’ll move on to the next part of your body. Once you feel confident with the area, move on to next.
How long does learning boxing take?
Learning boxing takes around 3 months. This includes learning the basics, such as footwork, stance, and balance. It’s important to remember that boxing is not only about throwing punches. It’s important to be able to block and dodge punches.
How can my punching form be improved?
The most important part of boxing is the punching technique. You must develop good punch technique if you want to become a better boxer. Here are some tips for improving your punching ability.
- Keep your head high. You should keep your head high when throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. Try to punch from the shoulder, not the chin when you throw a punch.
- Keep your eyes on your feet. Avoid moving your feet while you punch.
- Send short, sharp punches. To fatigue you more quickly, throw more punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always block any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. Your elbows can be used to protect yourself.
- You can learn to use your legs. If you learn to use your legs properly, they can help you avoid getting knocked down.
- Do it every day. You will feel tired when you finish training. Keep going. To be a good coach, you need to practice.
- Have fun! Enjoy what’s going on.
- Breathe. Being able to breathe properly will make you more powerful and provide you with energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry too much about making mistakes. Be focused on learning new techniques.
- Be patient. Boxing takes practice. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop learning. As long as there is room for improvement, there will be room for improvement.
- Music is a great way to relax. You can relax and focus during training by listening to music.
- See videos of professional boxers. It can inspire you to do better.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- Pause. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Go outside and play basketball or soccer.
- Find a coach. Boxing is a sport that requires a coach with a lot of experience. This will help you to improve quicker.
- Push-ups: Push-ups are great for endurance and strength building.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing handwraps elastic 180 inch red : Sports & Outdoors
These are the basics of boxing
How to box effectively
Boxing is one the most well-known sports in the world. It is a fight between two opponents. Boxing rules vary from one country or another. There are generally three types of boxing: Amateur, Professional, and Olympic.
Amateur boxing usually takes place at school, college and university. This type includes sparring sessions using padded gloves, but without protection. Amateur boxing competitions typically last for three rounds, each lasting five minutes. Amateur boxing can be done in many styles, including Kickboxing and Muay Thai, Taekwondo or Karate, Judo, Wrestling, and Muay Thai.
Boxing is often practiced in gyms or clubs. They wear protective equipment such as mouthpiece, nose guard, shin guards, elbow pads, knee pads, waist belt and groin protector. Professional boxing competitions include six rounds of four minutes each. There are many types of professional boxing. These include Boxing (MMA), Kickboxing (Mixed Martial Arts), Muay Thai and Taekwondo.
Olympic boxing takes place at the Olympics. Boxers wear special protective gear, which must conform to international standards. The competition lasts eight rounds of three minutes each. Olympic boxing is limited to two styles: Light Flyweight and Heavyweight.
The basic skills of boxing are:
- Punching techniques
- Guarding techniques
- Movement of the body
There are seven types: Left Hook (right hook), Right Hook (uppercut), Cross (cross), Straight, Overhand, Underhand. Each punch is unique. Some punches need more power than others. For example, an uppercut is a powerful punch. On the contrary, a straight punch takes less power but is faster than most punches.
There are many combinations of punches. These are combinations which combine several punches in order to achieve a specific goal. An entire combination could have several parts. A left hook followed with a right-cross will cause injury to the opponent’s jaw.
A boxer uses his body to protect himself against attacks. He does so by using his arms, elbows and hands as well as his knees, knees and legs.
To defend against kicks, a boxer should use his legs. When he receives a kick, he raises his leg and moves away from the attacker. To avoid being kicked on his side, he will bend his knees if the attack is from the front. If the attack is from the side, he will bend his knees to avoid being kicked on the side.
Because they cause great pain, elbow strikes are extremely effective. An elbow strike can be delivered directly or indirectly. Directly means that your opponent is hit with your forearm. However, indirectly means that your elbow strike is delivered with another part or your arm.
Boxers use their hands to block incoming blows. Boxers use their hands to stop incoming punches. They raise their fists up above their heads and move towards the attack. They then touch the attackers fist.
To absorb the impact of a punch to the stomach, abdomen, or chest, boxers should bend their knees. Knee strikes are often used for defense purposes.
If he is being attacked, a boxer must take a step back and counter-attack. This will help him gain distance from his opponent. In addition, when delivering a counter-attack, a boxer should keep his balance.
Boxing effectively requires a boxer to have a good stance. His stance will determine how he defends. It defines where he faces his opponent and how he positions his body. Boxers have many stances to choose from. Here are the most commonly used ones:
- Low stance
- High stance
- Southpaw stance
- Western stance
A boxer must change his position, speed and rhythm in order to win the fight. This involves changing position, speed and rhythm.
To increase his punching power, a boxer rotates when he throws a punch. Depending on what punch is being thrown, the speed of rotation varies.
Timing of each punch is crucial to the effectiveness of a combination. A combination of strong and weak punches will produce a good result.
Sparring is a form of boxing that aims to improve your skills. Sparring is a training session that helps a boxer train his mind and body. The purpose of sparring is, in short, to learn how fight and not get hurt.
To sum it all, boxing requires patience and dedication. To become a better boxer, you must train hard and for a long time.