CHRIS EUBANK JR has claimed he would’ve fought the “Hulk” had Conor Benn not failed two drug tests.
Surging welterweight contender Benn tested positive for the banned anti-estrogen drug Clomiphene twice in the build-up to his historic clash with Eubank Jr – the son of his old man’s bitter rival.
Conor Benn failed two drug tests ahead of his cancelled clash with Chris Eubank Jr
Conor Benn has maintained his innocence from the get-go and recently hinted at exoneration
But Eubank Jr has claimed he would’ve fought “the hulk” if it was not for “science”
The eagerly-anticipated showdown – which was set for last October – ended up being cancelled and Benn has since found himself in a battle to prove his innocence.
Benn and his team believe potential contamination is to blame for the two positive tests, with the 26-year-old writing on Instagram on Monday: “Been through hell and back.
“Thank God for science. The evidence doesn’t lie. No holes in the truth.”
It didn’t take long for Eubank Jr to respond to Benn’s post, which he mocked as he shared it to his own Instagram page.
Next Gen wrote: “I’m pretty sure it was science that detected the illegal substances in your system on two separate occasions Conor.
“So yes absolutely thank god for science… otherwise I would of been fighting the hulk a few months ago!!”
Benn’s protestations of his innocence have been supported by the fact he returned two negative tests.
The Destroyer has yet to be sanctioned by the British Boxing Board of Control or the World Boxing Council for his pair of failed tests – which were conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency.
But he’s sent over a whopping 270-page report to the WBC which he hopes will clear his name and shine a light on an alleged contamination of his sample by VADA.
Promoter Eddie Hearn has remained steadfast in his support of Benn, who he believes will be back in the ring “sooner” than expected.
He told iD Boxing: “I can’t wait because I think a lot of people will be surprised by what’s about to come out about Conor Benn.
“I think he’s going to be fighting sooner than you think.
“If he does receive a ban, which from the information that we have, I don’t think it’s necessarily it’s fair.
“But if it is, I don’t think it’s going to be a long ban at all.
“I don’t want to be too cocksure, but I think it’s going to be really interesting about what comes out here.
“I think there’s a very good chance that he won’t be receiving a ban.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you practice boxing punches.
Boxing punches are practiced using a punching bag. You punch the bag until you feel like you’ve mastered the technique. Next, move on to the next section of your body. Once you feel at ease with one area you will move on.
What are the benefits of learning to box?
If you want to learn how to box, then you should consider the following reasons:
- It increases confidence. Being able to box will help you face bullies and other bullies.
- It can improve your health. Boxing builds muscle mass. Muscle mass is what makes you stronger.
- It helps you to learn self-defense skills. If you know how to fight, then you will be able to protect your self.
- It builds mental toughness. When you face challenges, mental toughness is essential.
- It can give you a feeling of accomplishment. When you master a particular technique, it will make you feel like a true fighter.
- It’s fun! It’s fun!
- It’s cheap. All you need to do is get a pair or boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t take up too much space
How much weight should I lift when working out?
For strength improvement, weight lifting is an essential part of your fitness routine. Lifting weights should be done with care. You should not overdo it. Aim to lift heavierweights every other days. Third, repeat each exercise eight times. Fourth, between sets, take 2 minutes to rest. Fifth, you can do all the exercises without using momentum. And lastly, put more emphasis on form than speed.
How long does boxers train for a day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They also spend time studying boxing techniques, learning new moves, and practicing their punches. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
What does it take to become professional boxer?
Professional boxing requires years of dedication and hard work. Training is essential if you are to become a professional boxer.
How can my punching form be improved?
Boxing’s most important aspect is punching form. A good punch technique is essential if you are to become a better fighter. Here are some tips for improving your punching ability.
- Keep your head high. While throwing punches, keep your head up.
- Punch from your shoulder. If you are going to throw a punch, aim for the shoulder and not your chin.
- Concentrate on your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Make quick, short punches. To fatigue you more quickly, throw more punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always be ready to stop any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. The best way to defend your self is with your elbows.
- You can learn to use your legs. Your legs can save you from getting knocked over if you know how to use them properly.
- Do it every day. Even if you feel tired, continue training. It takes practice to become proficient at anything.
- Have fun Have fun doing what you do.
- Breathe. Breathing correctly will make you stronger and give you energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry about making errors. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing takes practice. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop improving. There will always be improvement.
- Listen to music. Music can help you relax and concentrate during training.
- You can watch videos of professional boxers. It can inspire you to do better.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- Pause. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Go outside and play basketball or soccer.
- Find a coach. You can improve your boxing skills by having a coach who is knowledgeable.
- Push-ups: Push-ups can be a great way to increase strength and endurance.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- A mat is necessary. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- A headgear will be necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is necessary. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. You can buy them online or offline. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- You need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.