Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sporting ExcitementSporting Excitement

Boxing

Terence Crawford to leave iconic Top Rank promotion and eyes Errol Spence Jr super-fight after Shawn Porter win

TERENCE CRAWFORD announced he will leave Top Rank – and is eyeing a super-fight with Errol Spence Jr.

The American superstar saw at the final bout in his deal with legendary promoter Bob Arum, with a stoppage over Shawn Porter.

Terence Crawford announced he will leave Top Rank
Errol Spence Jr was called out by Terence Crawford

In the post-fight press conference, with Arum sat next to him, Crawford confirmed he was moving on.

He said: “I’m pretty sure my decision is made already.

“Bob couldn’t secure me the Spence fight when I was with him, so how is he gonna secure me the Spence fight when I’m not with him?

“I’m moving forward with my career right now and I wish everybody the best.”

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Spence, 31, was ringside to watch former opponent Porter, 34, lose in round ten after two knockdowns.

Crawford, 34, responded: “He was at my fight? That boy said he would never come to my fight but now he’s at my fight.

“You saw what I did compared to what he did [against Porter]. Who’s No1 in the welterweight division now?

“You all know who I want. I’ve been calling him out. Maybe I’ll go up to 154lbs. Maybe Spence Jr will fight me.”

Unified champion Spence beat Porter on points in 2019 and also has wins over Kell Brook, 34, Mikey Garcia, 33 and Danny Garcia, 33.

Whereas Crawford is a three-division king and claims to be the true welterweight ruler.

He said: “I don’t need Spence Jr. I’ve been the No 1 guy in the division since I came here.

“I’m a three-weight world champion, and undisputed world champion, I came to the welterweight division and won a title in my first fight.”

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Spence was set to return in August against Manny Pacquiao, 42, defending his WBC and IBF titles.

But he suffered an eye injury in sparring and underwent surgery, with Yordenis Ugas, 35, replacing him to beat now-retired Pacquiao.

Spence confirmed plans to fight again early next year as he continues his recovery.

He told EsNEWS: “Everybody has got to wait. I’m coming back with a big one. When I’ll be back, it’s going to be a big one.

“I’ll be at 147 still. Hopefully, I’ll be fighting again in February or March. We’ll see.”

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Did you miss our previous article…
https://www.sportingexcitement.com/boxing/jake-paul-vs-tommy-fury-date-uk-start-time-live-stream-tv-channel-undercard-info-for-huge-star-studded-clash

Advertisement
Advertisement

Latest

Tennis

BUNGLING blazers have delivered a Centre Court snub to homegrown heroes Katie Boulter and Liam Broady. All England chiefs have blown the chance for...

Premier League

TYRELL MALACIA has agreed personal terms ahead of his proposed move to Manchester United, according to reports. The left-back, 22, had been on the...

Boxing

CLARESSA SHIELDS believes she is not the only boxing champion champion capable of crossing over to MMA. Shields has double Olympic gold medals, two...

Tennis

WIMBLEDON has a famously strict dress code – but fans are loving that adidas’ bold new “bra” outfit has been given the green light...

Premier League

NEYMAR has reportedly activated a clause in his contract to extend his stay at Paris Saint-Germain until 2027. The Brazilian, 30, most recently put...

Boxing

KSI has announced he will fight YouTuber Alex Wassabi on August 27. The bout will take place at the O2 Arena in London and...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook