TYSON FURY has revealed he and Anthony Joshua have not spoken since negotiations of an undisputed heavyweight title clash began.
The Gypsy King has a history of FaceTiming Joshua in the past and was once filmed doing so in a local pub.
But since AJ knocked out Kubrat Pulev at the end of 2020 and discussions around an all-British dust-up really gathered pace, Fury insists he has had not contact with his heavyweight rival.
He said: “I haven’t spoken to AJ at all during this deal, we used to FaceTime each other but not recently.
“Other people are getting paid a lot to get this done so we don’t need to.”
Fury and Joshua have already signed contracts agreeing to a clash in what is reportedly a two-fight deal worth £500million.
No date or venue has been confirmed as of yet, but Eddie Hearn has hinted July 24 could be when the blockbuster clash takes place.
In terms of a location, Saudi Arabia remains the front-runner to stage the fight.
But a 100,000 sell-out at Wembley Stadium does remain one of the proposed options.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Earlier this week, Fury claimed Joshua would still not be the best of this heavyweight era even if he was to defeat him.
“When I win I am the best of this era because I beat everyone in it. Klitschko, Wilder and AJ,” the WBC champion said.
“If AJ wins he will still not have beaten anybody. He has to beat me and Wilder.
“I don’t think he can beat Deontay Wilder, I have no love for Wilder, I think he is a piece of s*** dosser but I am the only man who can beat him.
“I am not a betting man but I would put a lot of money on Wilder beating all the others, including Joshua.”