TYSON FURY has finally broken his silence about his relationship with crime kingpin Daniel Kinahan.
Irishman Kinahan, who co-founded the promotional company MTK Global which represents Fury, recently hit the headlines after the US government offered £3 million ($5m) for information that could lead to his arrest or conviction.
Other members of the Kinahan cartel were also named by the US authorities including his brother, Christopher Jr., and their father, Christopher.
Kinahan has been involved in boxing for several years and was pictured with Fury in 2017.
The heavyweight champion also enjoyed a lunch with Kinahan in Dubai in February and even once recommended him for Irish PM.
And while there is no suggestion that Fury has any involvement in criminal wrongdoing, he has come under increasing pressure to comment on the recent developments.
READ MORE IN BOXING
Kinahan and Fury have been pictured together in the past
After failing to answer any questions about the matter during a virtual press conference last week, he did eventually provide a short answer about the matter.
Fury told Ring TV: “It’s none of my business, and I don’t get involved in other people’s business.”
As well as Fury, Kinahan’s promotional outfit MTK Global also represents fighters including Billy Joe Saunders, Sunny Edwards and Jack Catterall.
And Fury’s promoter Bob Arum recently confirmed that he paid Kinahan around £3m to secure four fights.
The 90-year-old American revealed: “Kinahan has kids and said he wanted to get out of that other stuff.
“He said to me, ‘Bob, I’ve done some bad things in my life. I admit that. But I’m not involved with that any more. I’m just trying to clean up my life.’
“I wasn’t involved in any of the things he might have done before.
“There came a time we discovered he might still have been involved in some nefarious activities. That was enough for us.”
Meanwhile, Fury is currently preparing to face WBC mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium this Saturday.
The Gypsy King has not fought since beating Deontay Wilder in their trilogy bout in October of last year.
He will make his second defence of the WBC strap in front of 94,000 fans in London this weekend.