TYSON FURY’S heavyweight showdown with Anthony Joshua is still the “biggest fight in the world”.
And the long-awaited Battle of Britain could still happen this year, according to Top Rank chief Todd DuBoef.
Anthony Joshua missed out on his Tyson Fury fight
The Gypsy King has failed to negotiate fights with either AJ or Oleksandr Usyk
Fury and AJ were in talks to settle their score in a mammoth clash at the end of last year – but a deal collapsed and appeared off the table for good.
However, DuBoef – whose Top Rank company oversee Fury’s US promotions – reckons boxing fans could get the one fight they want to see.
DuBoef told Sky Sports: “I’ve always said that that is the fight.
“Both of them have great brands, huge fanbases, and fortunately both of them come from the UK, so it’s wonderful that your country has been able to produce these incredible prizefighters.
“That fight is always there, and, to me, is the biggest heavyweight match in the world, because of the personalities and the stories.”
When the Fury talks broke down, Joshua planned to make his return to the ring against Jermaine Franklin.
He faces the American at London’s O2 Arena on Saturday desperately hoping to return to winning ways after back-to-back losses to Olesksandr Usyk.
Fury looked on course to face Usyk in a unification bout with all the heavyweight world titles on the line – but again the Gypysy King failed to successfully negotiate.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
But DuBoef incredibly claimed it is still possible for his man to face Usyk and Joshua this year.
He added: “All of us are frustrated.
“And I think timing has been an issue with trying to make this [Usyk] fight happen. I’m not going to say never, but I think we all want to see this unification, and we all have hope.
“Both fighters really know that this is what the sport wants, and what they want.
“We move with immediacy, and we move trying to figure out and get rationality to a situation.
“I think we’ve always wanted this fight for Fury and Joshua, and we’ve wanted to see Fury and Usyk, and Tyson has wanted that, and the Warrens, and we’ve worked hard in getting this done.
“I would love to see, and you’ve just laid out a great 2023 for the Fury side, if we could do Usyk and Joshua this year, it would be fantastic.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Boxing?
Boxing is an intense sport in which two people attempt to knock their opponent out by hitting them in both the head or face. The goal of boxing, is to strike your opponent as hard as you can without causing injury. For this to happen, both boxers have to be able and willing to throw punches at a high rate of speed. They must also be able to coordinate their hand-eye movements.
What is the maximum number of punches a person can take?
A punch is “a blow delivered from the fist”. A punch can only be taken once per person. If someone punches your face in the face, it’s a punch. You can’t hit him/her in the back. That would mean two punches.So, technically speaking, humans can only take one punch at a time!
Can I train boxing without fighting?
Boxing can only be learned if you are willing to fight. You must put in the work to get better at boxing. It is possible to improve your boxing technique.
Watching good boxers fight is the first step to improving your boxing technique. Watch how they move, how they throw punches, and how they defend themselves. Next, try to copy their moves.
Next, you’ll have to spar against another opponent boxer. Here you can see if you have improved your boxing technique. You will also be able to see how fast you punch, how strong your punches are, and how well it blocks incoming punches when sparring.
Finally, you’ll need to practice your boxing skills by doing drills. You can improve your boxing skills with practice, so be patient.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is necessary. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. Make sure you get the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- You need a headgear. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You need a towel. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.