Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sporting ExcitementSporting Excitement

Boxing

Tyson Fury had argument with ‘bully’ Anthony Joshua over the phone and says ‘it didn’t fare too well for AJ’

, Tyson Fury had argument with ‘bully’ Anthony Joshua over the phone and says ‘it didn’t fare too well for AJ’

TYSON FURY claims that he encountered the ‘true Anthony Joshua’ during a heated phone call with his rival, labelling the two-time world heavyweight champion a ‘bully’.

Fury, 34, told The Lowdown that he once received an angry phone call from Joshua telling him what he was going to do to him when the pair eventually meet in the ring.

Tyson Fury claims to have held a phone call with AJ where things got heated

Fury said AJ was ‘a bully’

Fury said: “He phoned me up one day in a mood to say he was gonna do this and do that to me. It didn’t fare too well for him, let’s say that… I just told him the truth. The truth always hurts.”

The pair had a seemingly amicable relationship until quite recently, having sparred together as youngsters, talked on FaceTime and even bumped into each other on holiday in Marbella.

Fury even said in an interview with Gary Neville on The Overlap that he respects AJ and reckons his biggest rival would ‘love him’ if they got to know each other.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

He also went on to say: “I respect him not only because of a boxing side of things, I respect him because he’s come from a very rough council estate.

“He was a drug dealer and all that sort of stuff in his early life – and he’s changed it all around to become a champion.”

Despite this, when speaking on The Lowdown about their bust up, Fury elaborated: “Just out of the blue. He decided to give me a call, a telling off call.

“I don’t think he liked what he heard on the end of it. There’s no telling me off anyway.

“I just told him the truth and the truth always hurts. I have definitely encountered the true Anthony Joshua. Not a nice person, sort of a bully.

“Someone who thought he was gonna put the bluff on me. That’s what type of person he is.”

The two have often come to blows on social media, with Joshua claiming Fury would never be able to sell out Wembley Stadium without him.

The 32-year-old said: “If Fury could have sold out 90,000-capacity stadiums, then he would have done. But he never has had the ability to attract those large numbers, not until he fights me.”

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Fury and AJ had previously agreed to go head to head in an undisputed world heavyweight title fight, only for the fight collapse as Fury was ordered by an arbitration judge to face Deontay Wilder first.

The fight was reportedly due to take place on 14th August in Saudi Arabia, but Fury took on Deontay Wilder in the third chapter of their trilogy fight last year in Nevada, USA.

Meanwhile, Joshua faced off against Ukrainian heavyweight Oleksandr Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and lost his titles.

Joshua called Fury out on social media after their fight collapsed, claiming that the WBC champion never really intended to fight him in the first place.

He said: “Tyson Fury the world now sees you for the fraud you are. You’ve let boxing down! You lied to the fans and led them on. Used my name for clout not a fight.”

Joshua will attempt to reclaim his belts from Usyk on Saturday in Saudi.

However, Fury and Joshua may never meet inside the squared circle following the Gypsy King’s retirement.

, Tyson Fury had argument with ‘bully’ Anthony Joshua over the phone and says ‘it didn’t fare too well for AJ’

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Advertisement
Advertisement

Latest

Formula 1

F1 legend Sir Frank Williams left £14.4million in his will, records reveal. The 79-year-old, who died last November, was founder of the Williams team...

Golf

Ex-GOLFER and social media star Paige Spiranac’s highly anticipated sexy calendar has been released, wowing fans in a skimpy black bikini on the front...

Premier League

ARSENAL star William Saliba was lined up by Barcelona for a transfer over the summer. Saliba, 21, has hit the ground running since breaking...

Boxing

CHRIS EUBANK JR has opened up on his self imposed sex bans and confirmed his two week pause prior to his fight with Conor...

Horse Racing

JUST FINE made history at Leicester as the first Royal winner since the death of The Queen. The four-year-old – aptly-trained by Her Majesty’s...

Premier League

JOHN OBI MIKEL claims snubbing Manchester United for Chelsea was the “best decision” he ever made. The Nigerian announced his retirement from football aged...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook