TYSON FURY is willing to bet £1MILLION on Deontay Wilder knocking Anthony Joshua “out cold.”
Wilder’s manager Shelly Finkel and AJ’s promoter Eddie Hearn have both said they are willing to negotiate a super-fight for 2023.
Deontay Wilder has been backed by Tyson Fury to KO Anthony Joshua
Anthony Joshua is linked with a super-fight against Deontay Wilder
But Fury doubts British rival Joshua will ever step foot in the ring with the Bronze Bomber.
He told Behind The Gloves: “I’d like to see that fight but I don’t think AJ has got the minerals to take that fight.
“That’s it, I just don’t think he will fight anyone that will knock him out. I just don’t, that is my personal opinion.
“Wilder will definitely knock out Joshua. I’d even have a bet on it.
“I’d have one million quid on it with anybody. £1million, even money, Wilder knocks Joshua out cold.”
Joshua, 33, has taken a break from boxing following consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk, 35.
Meanwhile Wilder, 37, knocked out Robert Helenius, 38, in round one of his October comeback fight.
It was his first since a KO loss to Fury, 34, in their epic October 2021 trilogy bout.
AJ is being lined up to rematch the man he beat in 2015, Dillian Whyte, 34, next year.
But Wilder’s manager Shelly Finkel called on Hearn to make a fight between Joshua and the American next.
Finkel told SunSport last week: “If Joshua is ready or willing to fight us next, that is what we want and we will give anything to fight him.
“This has been a five-year campaign and each time they always try to say we have avoided it.
“Right now is the 28th of November, we’re saying why not fight next? Let’s just make the fight.”
Boxing manager pictured with Deontay Wilder in 2018
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers often train at least 4 hours per day. They also spend time studying boxing techniques, learning new moves, and practicing their punches. Boxers spar 10 times per week.
How many punches does a human take to get through a round?
A punch is defined by “a blow delivered using a fist”. A punch can only be taken once per person. If someone punches your face in the face, it’s a punch. You cannot hit him/her back. This would be two punches.
How can I learn boxing with only a partner?
You can also watch professional boxing matches live on TV if you don’t have a partner and want to learn boxing. A local amateur boxing association is also available. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
You can also use punching bags to practice boxing. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You will need somewhere to train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You need a mat. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags can be used to improve hand movement speed. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- You will need a headgear. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. They can be ordered online or at local shops. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These are available online and in offline shops. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- A towel is essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.