TYSON FURY has officially started training camp for next fight – as talks with Anthony Joshua continue.
The heavyweight stars are still in negotiations for a December 3 Battle of Britain at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium.
Tyson Fury starts training camp for his next fight
Anthony Joshua is still in talks to fight Tyson Fury
Fury has warned he will return on that date with or without AJ in the opposite corner.
And his preparations to do so are now underway as he posted a picture in the gym alongside his brother Tommy, 23.
Fury, 34, wrote: “Day 1 of camp!”
Joshua, 32, has had the contract for almost two weeks with broadcasters DAZN, BT Sport and ESPN also thrashing out a network deal.
But Eddie Hearn insisted the paperwork is not yet ready to be signed as they go through the finer terms and conditions.
That caused Hall of Famer Bob Arum, Fury’s US promoter, to cast doubt over whether Hearn truly wants the fight to go ahead.
Arum said on talkSPORT: “Eddie Hearn is stalling everything, because he doesn’t want the fight to happen.
“And why doesn’t he want the fight to happen? Because Joshua’s lost three out of his last five fights and he figures to lose again if he fights Tyson Fury and so Eddie is in effect being an impediment.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
“I don’t know of any issues, he sends a draft and then Frank and George [Warren] reply and then we don’t hear from Eddie for days, he’s stalling until it dies of its own volition.
“I don’t think Joshua is part of that. I think Joshua for whatever reason wants the fight to happen, I know Tyson Fury does.
“But, Eddie doesn’t and so Eddie is doing whatever he can to prevent the fight from happening.
“From Eddie’s standpoint, he believes he has a valuable asset in Joshua who has now lost three out of five fights and figures to lose again, which could make it four out of six and it would make him a lot less valuable after the event, so he’s trying to prevent it from happening.”
Joshua suffered consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk, 35, most recently in August in Saudi Arabia.
When will Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua take place? All you need to know on blockbuster bout
Usyk was in line to unify his belts against Fury but the Ukrainian ruled himself out until next year to recover from injuries.
That caused AJ to receive a surprise WBC title fight offer after accepting to concede a 60/40 financial split.
But Arum warned not to fault Fury if the fight does not come to fruition.
He said: “You can’t make a fight unless somebody agrees to the contract and if you put him in a torture chamber, he still wouldn’t agree to the contract.
“There’s no issues, if there was some issues then I could see it but there are no issues.
“Get in the goddamn room with the Warrens and sit down and finalize the contract and let’s get it signed.
“I don’t blame Tyson Fury for getting upset at what is happening.”
Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum with Tyson Fury
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it usually take to become an elite boxer?
Professional boxing requires dedication and years of hardwork. To become a professional fighter, you will need to devote at least 10 hours per weeks to training.
How can I learn how to defend myself against boxing?
Boxing has been around since the dawn of time. Boxing is considered one of the most difficult sports to practice. It’s not enough to punch someone in their face and knock them out. You have to be able to defend yourself against kicks and punches.
First, find a gym that offers boxing. Once you’ve found the right place to train, it’s time to purchase gloves and a headgear. Gloves protect your hands and the headgear your head. Shorts and a Tshirt are also required.
After you have all the equipment you need, it’s time to get warm. Start off slowly and gradually work your way up to full speed. Start sparring with another boxer when you feel confident. Don’t worry if you miss. Don’t worry if you miss. Just keep trying until it works.
Is it possible to learn boxing?
You can box if you want. All you have to do is find a nearby boxing club and join a class. Many gyms offer classes for free, but you can also search Google for local boxing clubs.
Also, you will need equipment such as gloves, mouthpiece, headgear, sparring partners, and headgear. Once you have the necessary equipment, you are ready to practice your punches or kicks.
How to protect yourself
You must protect your head whenever you are attacked. It is your goal to not get punched. You need to be able to block an incoming punch in order to avoid getting punched. Here’s what you need to do:
- Stand tall and square yourshoulders.
- Keep your elbows straight up.
- Block the incoming punch by using your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until the attacker runs away.
- Keep fighting for your rights.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You need a bench. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. Be sure to select the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- A headgear is essential. It protects your head when sparring. You can purchase it online or in stores. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is required. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- Towels are essential. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.