Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sporting ExcitementSporting Excitement

Boxing

Tyson Fury purse bids for Dillian Whyte fight delayed again as Eddie Hearn reveals clash won’t take place in March

EDDIE HEARN revealed the purse bids for Dillian Whyte’s proposed fight with Tyson Fury has been delayed AGAIN.

The purse bids were initially scheduled to take place on January 11 before being put back to January 18.

Dillian Whyte launched a legal appeal to boost his 20 per cent share of the fight purse for his bout with Tyson Fury
Fury has been ordered to fight Whyte by the WBC

But now Hearn and Frank Warren – Fury’s promoter – will have to wait until Friday, January 21, for make their first bids.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Hearn said: “We received an email overnight – this Friday is the official date of the first bid now.

“Who knows whether that might change there’s a lot happening behind the scenes there’s a lot of discussions.

“Obviously there’s the legal situation between Dillian and the WBC as well but we’re looking to move forward.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“I think people keep talking about March dates and stuff like that – that’s starting to become very unrealistic.

“Dillian wants to fight he hasn’t boxed since March of last year.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

“Hopefully we can progress with purse bids if need be or complete a deal.”

The WBC has ordered Fury to fight Whyte with Warren suggesting a March date in the UK is likely.

But the WBC also ruled Whyte would receive just 20 per cent of the overall purse, which has angered the Brit.

In response, Whyte has launched a legal battle in an attempt to have his share boosted – but he is likely to fight Fury regardless of what the Court of Arbitration decides.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Did you miss our previous article…
https://www.sportingexcitement.com/boxing/how-can-i-buy-logan-paul-and-ksis-new-drink-prime

Advertisement
Advertisement

Latest

Boxing

LOGAN PAUL says he is ready to take Floyd Mayweather Jr to court after claiming he hasn’t been paid in full for their 2021...

Formula 1

LEWIS HAMILTON was reportedly left “astonished” after it emerged controversial former race director Michael Masi could return to Formula One. Masi, 44, was at...

Boxing

CHRIS EUBANK JR reckons he can lure Kell Brook out of his week-long retirement very soon. Sheffield’s 35-year-old former welterweight world champ hung up...

Horse Racing

THIS is the moment a jockey who had just won on his 999-1 horse is thrown off by a loose runner as carnage unfolded...

Boxing

ANTHONY JOSHUA’S stablemate Frazer Clarke believes the heavyweight star is mentally stronger heading into his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk. The British icon, 32, had...

Boxing

A YOUTUBE star aged 41 produced a brilliant knockout just 22 seconds into a fight with an opponent that was almost half his age....

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook