TYSON FURY has revealed that an undisputed bout with Oleksandr Usyk could be delayed because of a right elbow injury.
The boxer has said he may need surgery on it before facing the Ukrainian for a mouth-watering heavyweight clash.
Fury avoided a shock against Chisora last night and can now look forward to Usyk
The Gypsy King enjoyed a good night as he overpowered fellow Brit Derek Chisora at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium with Usyk watching on.
But he told fans after the clash that they may need to wait a little longer for the fight they all wanted.
Talksport’s boxing correspondent Michael Benson tweeted: “Tyson Fury has revealed that he’s been suffering with an injury and intends to have surgery on his right elbow before any potential undisputed fight with Oleksandr Usyk next year.”
He later added the fighter told ESPN: “Tyson Fury asked if he’ll fight Oleksandr Usyk in February/March: ‘I’ve got to maybe have surgery on my right elbow. I had the left one done, so I’ve got to have it done.
“It will take about six-to-eight weeks to heal. We’ll see when we can be ready for this fight.'”
It’s the fight that most heavyweight fans want with the pair sharing the heavyweight honours.
Usyk’s two brilliant wins over Anthony Joshua means he holds the WBA, IBF, WBO and The Ring titles.
While Fury holds just the WBC belt.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
The two appear to be clear at the top of the division and there are still high hopes this fight will happen next year, even with Fury’s revelation.
The 34-year-old’s victory over Chisora was the perfect preparation for it as Fury made it three wins from three over the same opponent.
Almost 60,000 people watched from Spurs’ stadium as Fury won a one-sided contest in the 10th round.
It made it four defeats in five for Del Boy and the 13th loss over in his 46 fight career.
Chisora gave it everything but was stopped in the 10th round
He gave it everything but was ultimately outclassed by the power and ability of Fury who landed some devastating blows throughout the contest.
Fury called out not just Usyk but also Joe Joyce after the fight.
He said: “Usyk, you’re next, 15 stone little body building midget. I’ve done one Ukrainian, [Wladimir] Klitchsko, let’s get it on.
“I’m saying Joe Joyce, a brilliant fighter, he deserves a title fight. If the rabbit [Usyk] doesn’t fight, we’ll fight at Wembley.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How many punches is a human capable of taking?
A punch is defined by “a blow delivered using a fist”. Only one punch can be sustained by a human. If someone punches your face in the face, it’s a punch. You cannot hit him/her back. That would mean two punches.So, technically speaking, humans can only take one punch at a time!
Can I box without fighting?
You can’t train boxing without fighting. It takes hard work to improve your boxing technique. It is possible to improve your boxing technique.
You can improve your boxing technique by watching good boxers compete. Watch how they move, how they throw punches, and how they defend themselves. You can then try to imitate them.
Next, you’ll need to spar against another boxer. This is where your ability to improve your boxing technique will be revealed. You’ll notice how fast and strong you punch, as well as how effective you are at blocking incoming punches, when you spar.
Finally, you’ll need to practice your boxing skills by doing drills. You can improve your boxing skills with practice, so be patient.
What does it take to become professional boxer?
To become a professional boxer, it takes dedication and years of hard work. You will need to train at least 10 hours per semaine if you want to be a professional boxer.
How to throw a jab
This guide will show you how to throw a jab.
- With both feet, move forward
- Arrest your arm high above your shoulder.
- Place your fist on the target.
- After hitting your target, swing your arm backwards.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4.
Where should I purchase boxing equipment
Many online stores sell boxing equipment. These include Amazon, eBay and Walmart. Ross and TJ Maxx are great places to find cheap boxing gear.
Quality boxing gear is what you should be looking for. You can consider Warrior, Golden Glove or Premier Boxing Champions.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need a place where you can train. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. Be sure to select the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- A headgear will be necessary. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. You can purchase it online or in stores. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These can be purchased online or in-store. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- A towel is essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.