TYSON FURY said a fight with “19 stone juggernaut” Joe Joyce would be tougher than Oleksandr Usyk.
Usyk was joined by Joyce ringside at Tottenham’s stadium to watch as Fury dominated and stopped Derek Chisora in their trilogy bout.
Tyson Fury is set to fight Oleksandr Usyk in 2023
Oleksandr Usyk and Joe Joyce ringside at Tottenham
And it sets the pair of unbeaten heavyweight champions up for a historic unification showdown next year.
But Fury reckons he will have it easier in the ring against ex-cruiserweight king Usyk than he would against granite chin Joyce.
He said: “People have been asking me all night, ‘Who is a tougher fight, Usyk or Joyce?’
“And in my opinion, Usyk is the slicker boxer, but Joe Joyce is The Juggernaut, and I think Joe give me a tougher fight than Usyk, 100 per cent.
“Big Joe, 6’7′, and 19-and-a-half stone like a juggernaut coming forward at me, trying to smash me to pieces.
“Or Usyk trying to steal a jab, running around the ring, trying to nick a point here and there.
“So, I think that Usyk is a very good fighter, I’m not going to take anything away from him.
“He’s the undisputed cruiserweight champion, and he’s the unified heavyweight champion.
“So he’s had a fantastic career, but I think I’ll do a job on him.”
Fury, 34, is braced for the heavyweight division’s first ever four-belt unification bout with Usyk, 35, with Saudi Arabia the frontrunner to host.
He said: “We’re hopefully gonna see the biggest year of my career. 2023, we’re gonna get the big fights that the fans really crave.
“First of all let’s talk about Usyk. I’m ready, I’m willing, to take on Usyk next – whether it’s gonna be in Saudi Arabia or back here in the UK. Both places will be fantastic.
“And let’s give the fans one champion, one name, one face. Usyk’s up to the challenge. He came over tonight, so fair play to him.
“He’s not an easy boxer to figure out, he’s a slick, southpaw mover with very good skills, Olympic gold medallist.
“And he’s coming on some good form so I’m really looking forward to the challenge.”
Oleksandr Usyk facing off with Tyson Fury
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for you to learn boxing
It takes about 3 months to learn boxing. This includes learning the basics like footwork, balance, and stance. It is important to remember that boxing does not just involve throwing punches. You need to learn how you can block and dodge attacks.
What is Boxing?
Boxing is a sport in which two people fight to knock one another out. They do this by hitting each other in the head and face. Boxing is a sport where you aim to knock out your opponent as hard and as painlessly as possible. In order for this to happen, both boxers must be able to throw punches at high speed. They must also be able to coordinate their hand-eye movements.
Do you have the ability to train yourself to box?
You can learn how to box. It is easy to find a gym that offers boxing classes in your area and then join one. Although most gyms offer free classes to their members, it is possible to search Google for other local boxing clubs.
You will also need gloves, mouthpieces and headgear to sparring with your partners. Once you have the necessary equipment, you are ready to practice your punches or kicks.
What is the difference of a left-hook and a right-cross?
A left hook is thrown to the side of your body, while a right-cross is thrown to the front.
A left hook is thrown with the back of the hand facing the opponent’s face. The elbow is bent 90 degrees and the wrist is turned 45 degrees toward the opponent.
A right cross can be thrown with the palm facing towards the opponent’s face, and the elbow straight. The wrist is turned 45 degrees away from the opponent.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag is essential. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- A mat is necessary. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- You will need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. These benches can be bought online and in physical stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- You need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can purchase it online or in stores. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. You can purchase them online or in-store. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- You will need a mouthpiece. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- A towel is essential. You need a towel to remove sweat after a workout. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.