TYSON FURY has faced a pair of blows in his search for a summer return fight.
The Gypsy King is looking to defend his WBC title in July after talks for a title unification with Oleksandr Usyk collapsed earlier in the year.
Tyson Fury with promoter Frank Warren
Now, Usyk, 36, has been ordered into a WBA mandatory defence against Daniel Dubois, 25, with talks ongoing.
So it left Andy Ruiz Jr and Zhilei Zhang as frontrunners to face Fury.
But, Joe Joyce has exercised his rematch clause with Zhang and Frank Warren told Boxing News that Ruiz has priced himself out.
It leaves the Hall of Fame promoter heading back to the drawing board.
He said: “I want to get him [Fury] out whatever happens and get back in the swing of things. It’s just a bloody shame we wasted so much time [on the Usyk fight].
“The problem we’ve got is the ones we wanted are all fighting.
“The Zhang fight, Joe Joyce, I wouldn’t have gone with Joe next, he’ll have to get a win first and obviously Daniel.
“We’ll have a look around and see what’s available.”
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
Joyce, 37, was beaten by Zhang, 40, in April after his eye was swollen so badly the referee waved off the contest.
The Chinese star then emerged as a contender to fight Fury, 34, until Joyce activated his right to a rematch.
And with Ruiz, 33, also now seemingly out of the equation, it leaves Warren short of options but adamant Fury WILL still fight.
He said: “We’re getting very close [to summer], that’s part of the problem, but we’ll get him out.”
Meanwhile, talks are taking place behind the scenes with boxing bosses in Saudi Arabia.
They hope to negotiate a deal for Anthony Joshua, 33, to fight Deontay Wilder, 37, in the Middle East in December.
And they also have plans for Fury and Usyk to finally meet, as US promoter Bob Arum confirmed talks with the Saudis.
Arum told Ringside Reporter Live: “I have talked to a representative of Skill Challenge that puts on these boxing events in Saudi Arabia.
“That is correct [that talks are ongoing], we know these people, we work with them in connection with the Jake Paul and Tommy Fury fight as far as US television was concerned.
“So we know who the players are and we’ve had some very interesting talks with them.”
Oleksandr Usyk, Bob Arum and Tyson Fury in 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best ways to learn boxing defense from home?
Boxing is one of the oldest martial arts known to man. Boxing can also be considered to one of hardest sports to perform. It’s not enough to punch someone in their face and knock them out. You should know how to defend against punches, kicks, and other attacks.
Locate a boxing club near you. Once you’ve found the right place to train, it’s time to purchase gloves and a headgear. Gloves protect you hands while the helmet protects your head. Also, you will need to wear shorts with a T-shirt.
After you have all the equipment you need, it’s time to get warm. Start off slowly and gradually work your way up to full speed. If you feel ready, get on the bag and start sparring with another boxer. If you fail, don’t be discouraged. It doesn’t matter if you fail, just keep trying until you succeed.
How much weight should I lift to be a successful shopper?
You must lift weights if your goal is to increase strength. You should be aware of these guidelines when lifting weights. You should not overdo it. Aim to lift heavierweights every other days. Third, repeat each exercise eight times. Fourth, allow for 2 minutes rest between sets. Fifth, complete all exercises using no momentum. The last tip is to focus on form over speed.
How can beginners boxers train?
Although boxing is one of oldest sports, its popularity has increased only recently. Boxing is an art that sees two fighters compete in a fight. They punch each others until one loses.
It is important to decide if you like boxing before you can start training to become a fighter. You can watch some boxing matches on YouTube to feel how it feels hitting someone. Once you decide if boxing is something you enjoy, you can then choose the type of fighting you prefer.
What are the potential benefits of learning to Box?
You should be aware of the following factors if you are interested in learning how to box:
- It increases confidence. Learn to box can give you courage to confront bullies or any other person who might bully you.
- It is good for your health. Boxing helps build muscle mass. Muscle mass will make you stronger.
- It teaches self defense skills. Learning how to fight is the first step to protecting yourself.
- It builds mental toughness. You need mental toughness to face difficult situations.
- It can give you a feeling of accomplishment. Once you have mastered a technique, you will feel like a true boxer.
- It’s fun! Nothing is better than being punched in the stomach.
- It’s cheap. All you need is a pair of boxing gloves and a punching bag.
- It doesn’t take up much space
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. The space you need to train can be found in the garage, basement and spare rooms, as well as in the living room. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- A headgear is essential. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. You can purchase it online or in stores. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These can be purchased online and offline. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is essential. Rings can be used to simulate real fights. These rings can be bought online or offline. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- Towels are essential. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can be purchased at local sporting goods store or online stores. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.