TYSON FURY sent money to the hero cutman who saved his career during the Otto Wallin fight during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Jorge Capetillo was thrust into the spotlight when Fury suffered a horrendous cut above his right eye back in September 2019.
Tyson Fury suffered a horrendous cut against Otto Wallin that needed 47 stitches in afterwards
The Gypsy King has credited cutman Jorge Capetillo for saving his career
From the third round onwards on the way to a unanimous points win, Fury’s eye gushed blood with the ringside doctor even consulted as to whether it was safe for the Gypsy King to carry on.
But thanks to Capetillo’s work on the horror gash, Fury battled through to secure a hard-fought win – and then had to have 47 stitches.
The coronavirus lockdown saw Capetillo’s Las Vegas gym close and the Mexican admitted to having “empty pockets”.
But Fury stepped in to help the man who set him on the path to WBC glory by battering Deontay Wilder to win the belt.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Capetillo, who describes the cut as “the worst I’ve ever seen”, said: “He is still very grateful.
“When he knew we were locked down because of Covid-19 and my gym was closed, he texted me and said: ‘Is there anything I can do to help?’
“He is still taking care of me. He sent me money.
“I was supposed to be with Jessie Vargas in New York on March 14 (2020) but the fight was cancelled and I came home with empty pockets.
“I was scared, I didn’t know what to do.
“He knew Jessie’s fight was cancelled. He asked about my family and what he could do.
“He said: ‘I’ll sort out some money for your family so you can be good’. Such generosity for me and my family.
“He is a great man, so humble. He had the time to ask how I was doing with my family during this crisis.”
Capetillo went on to describe how once he “controlled the bleeding” against Wallin he told Fury that “everything will be good”.
And so it proved as the Wythenshawe-born fighter won comfortably on points, 116–112, 117–111, and 118–110.
Fury then went on to destroy Wilder in February that year to win the one heavyweight belt he never had before.
Her further cemented his dominance over the Bronze Bomber with a win in their trilogy fight.
Currently, Fury is in talks to sign an epic contract to fight Anthony Joshua – although the bout is yet to be confirmed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Boxing and how does it work?
Boxing is a sport that involves two people who try to knock each other out by hitting them in the head and face. The objective of boxing involves hitting your opponent as hard, but not causing any injury. To achieve this, both boxers should be able to throw punches with high velocity. They must also have good hand eye coordination.
How many punches does a human take to get through a round?
A punch is defined as “a blow delivered from a fist”. The human body can only take one punch at a given time. When someone hits you in the face, he/she is punching you. You cannot hit someone’s back. That would mean two punches.So, technically speaking, humans can only take one punch at a time!
How can a beginner get started in boxing?
Boxing has been around since ancient times. Boxing was originally developed during ancient times to train warriors to fight against enemies. Today, boxing is still widely practiced around the world. Boxing doesn’t require you to attend a gym. A pair of gloves, punching bags and a few sparring buddies are all you need.
Amateur boxing clubs can be found in your area where you can get trained by professionals. After mastering basic punches, combinations, and other skills, you can compete in tournaments.
How long does it take for you to master boxing?
Boxing is one the oldest forms of martial arts. China was home to the first ever boxing match, which took place around 2200 BC. Boxing has been practiced over thousands of year. Today, boxing is still popular among athletes and celebrities. It takes approximately 10 months to master boxing.
Because boxing involves so many movements, it is slow to learn. To perform each movement properly, you need specific muscles. These muscles take time to build.
You can learn how to move your body and then you can begin practicing any type boxing technique. Over time, each technique will become more difficult.
How many hours do boxers train in a single day?
Boxing trainers typically train for at least four hours per day. They also study boxing techniques and learn new moves. Boxers spar 10 times per week.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag is essential. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. It is made mostly of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- A bench is essential. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- Headgear is necessary. It protects your head when sparring. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These can be purchased online and offline. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- Rings are essential. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- A towel is essential. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.