VASYL LOMACHENKO is back in action this weekend as he takes on Japanese contender Masayoshi Nakatani in a tough fight.
Loma hasn’t been in the ring since his devastating decision loss to Teofimo Lopez last October, a clash in which he dropped every belt he owned.
The Ukrainian underwent shoulder surgery soon after the fight but is now back and ready to challenge himself at 135lbs again.
And Nakatani, who pushed Lopez all the way in their fight two years ago, should be a stern test.
When is Lomachenko vs Nakatani?
- Lomachenko’s return to the ring against Nakatani will take place this Saturday, June 26.
- Ring-walks can be expected at around 4.30am UK time on Sunday, June 27, however.
- The fight will take place at the Virgin Hotels resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- There will be a limited capacity crowd in attendance for the Loma’s return.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Lomachenko vs Nakatani will be shown in the UK on Sky Sports Action/Arena.
- Top Rank signed an exclusive UK deal with Sky Sports to have their fights shown on the channel for the next four years.
- You can live stream all of the action from the NOW TV or Sky Go app, both of which are available for download onto your mobile device, tablet or Smart TV.
Lomachenko vs Nakatani FULL CARD
- Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani
- Robert Brant vs. Janibek Alimkhanuly
- Giovani Santillan vs. Cecil McCalla
- Robert Rodriguez vs. Luis Fernando Saavedra
- Jaime Jasso vs. Floyd Diaz
- Guido Vianello vs. Marlon Williams
- Subaru Murata vs. Kevin Monroy
- DeMichael Harris vs. Jonatan Hernan Godoy
What have they said?
“What inspired me to take this fight is the fact that I just lost all of my titles,” Lomachenko said.
“I have to start from scratch and wanted to face a top contender.
“I didn’t want a (hand-picked) opponent. This guy gave Teofimo Lopez a very tough fight and I have prepared well for his challenge.”