FLOYD MAYWEATHER knocked out Mikuru Asakura in two rounds of their exhibition bout – in front of old rival Manny Pacquiao.
Filipino icon PacMan travelled to Japan for a ringside view of the scheduled three-rounder.
Mikuru Asakura was knocked out by Floyd Mayweather in two rounds
Floyd Mayweather won in his fourth exhibition bout
And he watched as Asakura made a bright start in the opening stages, landing to the body and keeping Mayweather at bay.
The self-proclaimed “Best Ever” was forced to evade heavy artillery coming his way.
Mayweather did pick up the pace towards the end of the opening round as he started to fire off his famous piston-like right hand.
The second proved to be all out action with the American starting on the front foot.
Mayweather, 45, landed a series of rear hand shots, both to head and body.
But Asakura, 30, fired back and even landed a perfect counter right hook, which snapped Mayweather’s head back.
That actually proved to be the beginning of the end as the 50-0 boxing icon poured on the pressure.
Asakura had no defence for a barrage of right hands coming his way and he was eventually floored just as the bell sounded.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
He did his best to get to his feet but on shaken legs, experienced referee Kenny Bayless waved off the action.
It brought an end to six action-packed minutes, which saw Mayweather prevail in his fourth exhibition bout in as many years.
He said: “I would like to thank the whole country of Japan. Unbelievable country, unbelievable people.
“An exciting, crazy turnout, round of applause for this tough competitor.”
Pacquiao, 43, who retired last year, then entered the ring and embraced with Mayweather.
It came after Mayweather said: “Another legend right here, eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao.
“Great champion. Unbelievable world champion.”
Mayweather officially retired in 2017 after beating ex-UFC champion Conor McGregor, 34, in ten rounds.
But he returned a year later, beating featherweight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, 24, in one round of a RIZIN promoted card.
Mayweather is set to face YouTuber Deji, 25, next in Dubai in November but warned he will be back in the Far East soon.
He said: “Thanks for having me, I’ll be back.”
Floyd Mayweather won at the end of round two
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between left hook and right cross?
A left hook is thrown at the side of the body and a right crossover is thrown at the front.
The opponent is facing the back of the left hook. The elbow is bent 90 degrees, while the wrist is turned 45 degrees towards the opponent.
The opponent is facing the palm and the elbow straight. A right cross is made. The opponent is facing the wrist.
What are the benefits to boxing?
There are many benefits to boxing. For starters, boxing helps build strong muscles and bones. It improves your coordination and reflexes. It strengthens your heart, lungs and other vital organs. Boxing doesn’t need any special equipment. You can use almost anything around your home.
How can my punching form be improved?
Boxing is all about good punch form. For you to become a better boxer, your punch technique must be perfected. These tips will help improve your punching skills.
- Keep your head straight. While throwing punches, keep your head up.
- Punch from the shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Concentrate on your feet. Focus on your feet when punching.
- Make quick, short punches. Your body will be tired faster if you are throwing longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always keep your distance from any punches coming in.
- Use your elbows. Elbows are an effective way to defend yourself.
- Your legs are your best friend. Properly using your legs will help you avoid being knocked down.
- Do it every day. Even if you feel exhausted after training, don’t give up. It takes practice to get good at anything.
- Have fun Enjoy what’s going on.
- Breathe. Being able to breathe properly will make you more powerful and provide you with energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry about making errors. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing can be difficult. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop learning. As long as there is room for improvement, there will be room for improvement.
- Listen to music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- You can watch videos of professional boxers. You can be inspired by watching them fight.
- Read books. Reading can help you understand boxing techniques better.
- Take breaks. Sometimes it helps to take a break from boxing. Play soccer or basketball outdoors.
- Look for a coach. Having a coach who knows boxing well can help you improve faster.
- Push-ups: Push-ups are great for endurance and strength building.
How much weight can I lift during a workout?
You must lift weights if your goal is to increase strength. There are some things you need to remember when lifting weights. Don’t do it too often. The second is to lift heavier loads every other day. Third, do each exercise 8 times. Fourth, allow for 2 minutes rest between sets. Fifth, complete all exercises using no momentum. And lastly, put more emphasis on form than speed.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. Here are some tips for setting up a boxing school in your home.
- You need a place where you can train. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You will need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made out of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- You need a bench. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- Headgear is necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can be bought online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- You will need a towel. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. They should be soft and absorbent.