DAVID BENAVIDEZ convincingly beat super middleweight rival Caleb Plant by unanimous decision following an incredible fight in Las Vegas on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old started the bout on the back foot after taking some powerful punches from his opponent during the first four rounds.
Benavidez took on Plant in Las Vegas on Saturday
The ‘Mexican Monster’ won my unanimous decision
But as his confidence grew he was quickly able to close the gap and eventually turn the fight on it’s head.
Benavidez pummelled his 30-year-old opponent in the latter stages to earn a clear win on the judges scorecards.
He was unable to knock Plant down despite delivering some major blows which in turn left the American on the ropes.
So there was no doubt that he would reign supreme once the final bell sounded.
Benavidez was declared the winner by unanimous decision with scores of 115-113, 116-112, 117-111.
And his emphatic victory saw him earn a shot at world champion Canelo Alvarez.
In his post-fight interview, the ‘Mexican Monster’ said: “I have a lot of respect for Canelo Alvarez, but he has to give me that shot now.
“That’s what everybody wants to see, me vs Canelo, let’s make it happen in September.”
Alvarez is currently preparing for his upcoming bout against John Ryder, which is set to take place in May.
But he is yet to comment on a potential meeting with Benavidez.
Plant was gracious in defeat as he complimented Benavidez after the fight.
He said: “David’s a hell of a fighter. It’s a big rivalry, but we got in here and settled it like men.
“I’ve got in there and I’ve rumbled with the best in the world; I haven’t ducked anybody.
“There’s no excuse. David was the better man tonight.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to learn boxing?
Boxing takes approximately 3 months to learn. This includes learning the basics like footwork, balance, and stance. Remember that boxing is more than just throwing punches. You also need to learn how to block and dodge attacks.
Do I have to fight in order to train boxing?
Training boxing requires fighting. It takes hard work to improve your boxing technique. However, if you are willing to put in the effort, you’ll be able improve your boxing technique as well as speed, endurance, strength, stamina, and speed.
A good fight will help you improve your boxing technique. It is important to observe their movements, their defenses, and how well they use punches. Try to imitate their movements.
Next, you will need to spar against another fighter. This is where you will see if your boxing technique has improved. When you spar, you’ll also notice how fast you can punch, how strong your punches feel, and how well you block incoming punches.
Finally, practice your boxing skills with drills. You will improve with practice so be patient and persevering.
How can I improve my punching technique?
Boxing’s most important aspect is punching form. If you want to be a better boxer, you must master punch technique. Here are some tips to improve your punching form.
- Keep your head straight. Your head should always be up while throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. You should aim your punch at the shoulder rather than the chin.
- Concentrate on your feet. Avoid moving your feet while you punch.
- Use short punches that are quick. You will feel tired quicker if you throw longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always keep your distance from any punches coming in.
- Use your elbows. Your elbows can be used to protect yourself.
- Use your legs. Learn to properly use your legs.
- Practice every day. Keep training even if it makes you tired. It takes practice and dedication to excel at any skill.
- Have fun Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Keep your lungs open. Being able to breathe properly will make you more powerful and provide you with energy.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing takes practice. It takes time for you to get better at boxing.
- Never stop learning. As long there is still room for improvement, there will continue to be improvement.
- Enjoy music. Listening to music can help you relax during training.
- Check out these videos featuring professional boxers. Watching them fight can inspire you to work harder.
- Read books. Reading books can help you better understand boxing techniques.
- Pause. Sometimes, it is helpful to take a break from boxing. Go outside to play soccer or basketball.
- Find a coach. A coach who is an expert in boxing can help you get better faster.
- Push-ups: Push-ups can be a great way to increase strength and endurance.
What are some ways I can improve my combat defense?
It is possible to improve your defensive capabilities by learning how smart you fight. It is important to know how to defend yourself against all types of attacks, as well as how to counterattack when necessary.
If you don’t know how to fight, then you won’t be prepared for anything. You’ll just get beaten up. But if you do know how to fight, you’ll be ready for whatever comes at you.
These are some tips that will help you improve your defense.
- You need to know where your opponent is coming from. This means that you need to pay close attention and observe your opponent’s body language. This could be a sign that your opponent is preparing for his next attack.
- Keep your cool. Don’t panic. Instead, stay focused and relaxed.
- Block with your arms. Blocking with your arms is an effective and simple way to defend against attacks.
- Counterattack. Counterattack.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty can be a way to defend yourself. You can also respond to an opponent’s kicks by kicking them back.
How can beginners boxers train?
Boxing is one, if not the oldest, sport in existence. But boxing only recently became more popular. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch each other until one fighter falls down.
It is important to decide if you like boxing before you can start training to become a fighter. You can also watch fights online to see how it feels like hitting someone. Once you have decided that boxing is for you, you can decide what style of fight you prefer.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How to learn how to box for fitness
How to learn to box for exercise
Boxing is a sport that improves self confidence and physical fitness. Boxing is one the most loved sports in the world. It requires speed, strength, agility, stamina and coordination.
Boxing can be a great exercise and a way to improve your self-esteem. You’ll love the activity and want to continue it.
There are many kinds of boxing programs. Some take place at gyms or health clubs while others require you to train at home. There are also online courses which allow you to study from anywhere in the world.
You should ensure that the program you select meets your lifestyle and goals. The best programs will include exercises that help build muscle mass and flexibility, improve cardiovascular endurance, enhance well-being, as well as increase overall wellbeing.
Consider whether you prefer a beginner or advanced course. Beginner’s courses usually cover basic techniques such as shadowboxing or sparring, mittwork and punching combinations. Advanced programs often cover more complex movements, and include a greater variety of exercises.
The beginner’s program usually lasts around 8 weeks and costs less than $100. These programs do not provide guidance about nutrition, weight, injury prevention or any other aspect of boxing training.
Advanced programs usually last for six months and are around $300. They often include nutritional advice, stretching routines, warm-up exercises, and instruction on proper technique. Some programs include resistance training, such as lifting weights, and aerobic conditioning, such as running.