ARTUR BETERBIEV makes his return to the ring later this summer as he takes on Callum Smith.
The Russian last fought in January, beating Anthony Yarde by TKO in an entertaining back-and-forth fight at Wembley Arena in London.
Artur Beterbiev beat Anthony Yarde by TKO when they fought in January
Callum Smith will be fighting for the world light-heavyweight titles for the first time
Beterbiev, who holds the WBO, WBC and IBF titles at 175lbs has won all 19 of his fights by knockout, and he’ll be hoping the trend continues.
But Smith has only lost once in his career, to Canelo Alvarez, but now he’s looking incredibly powerful in the ring up at light-heavyweight.
Smith dispatched of Lenin Castillo with a brutal knockout before folding Mathieu Bauderlique in half last year.
He hasn’t faced anyone like Beterbiev, however, and he has to do so on away soil in Canada.
When is Beterbiev vs Smith?
- Beterbiev’s big clash with Smith will take place on Saturday, August 19.
- Ring-walks for the main event will likely get going from 4am UK time on Sunday, August 20.
- The fight will be held at the Videotron Centre in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Smith vs Beterbiev will be shown live on Sky Sports Arena and Main Event in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the NOW TV or Sky Go app, both of which are available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Smith vs Beterbiev undercard
An undercard has yet to be announced for Smith vs Beterbiev.
Check back at SunSport for all the details on the event.
What has been said?
But Smith warned: “I’m no stranger to fighting on away soil, having boxed in Saudi Arabia twice, across America, and now heading to Canada on August 19.
“There was no hesitation from me going to Canada to fight Artur Beterbiev, and I will be returning to Liverpool as a world champion once more.
“I’m excited to finally get my opportunity to become a two-weight world champion.”
Beterbiev added: “When you are world champion, everyone wants the opportunity to take your belt, and that’s especially true in my case, with three titles at stake.
“I’ve already started my training camp, and I’ll be ready to not only defend my belts, but to also put on an impressive show August 19 [local time].”
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I improve my punching form?
Boxing is all about good punch form. You must develop good punch technique if you want to become a better boxer. Here are some tips to improve your punching form.
- Keep your head up. While throwing punches, keep your head up.
- Punch from the shoulder. When you throw a punch, try to hit the target from the shoulder instead of the chin.
- Focus on your feet. Keep your feet still when you are punching.
- Throw short, quick punches. Longer punches can tire you faster.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always be ready to stop any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. You can defend yourself by using your elbows.
- Learn how to use your legs. Learn to properly use your legs.
- Always practice. Even if you feel tired, continue training. It takes practice to become proficient at anything.
- Have fun Enjoy what your doing.
- Keep your eyes open and take deep, slow breaths. Breathing correctly will make you stronger and give you energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry too much about making mistakes. Be focused on learning new techniques.
- Be patient. Boxing is not easy. It takes time to master your skills.
- Never stop learning. As long as there is room for improvement, there will be room for improvement.
- Listen to music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- View videos of professional fighters. You may be inspired to work harder by watching them compete.
- Read books. Reading books can help you better understand boxing techniques.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes it’s helpful to take a break when you are boxing. Go outside to play soccer or basketball.
- Find a coach. Having a coach who knows boxing well can help you improve faster.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great to build strength and endurance.
What are the benefits to learning how to box?
You should be aware of the following factors if you are interested in learning how to box:
- It builds confidence. Being able to box will help you face bullies and other bullies.
- It can improve your health. Boxing increases muscle mass. Muscle mass can make you stronger.
- It teaches you self-defense skills. Learning how to fight is the first step to protecting yourself.
- It increases your mental toughness. When you face challenges, mental toughness is essential.
- You feel accomplished. You’ll feel like a true boxer once you master a technique.
- It’s fun! Nothing is more fun than being punched in a stomach.
- It’s cheap. You only need a pair boxing gloves and punching bag.
- It doesn’t require much space
How long does it take to become a professional boxer?
Professional boxing requires years of dedication and hard work. If you want to become a professional boxer, you’ll need to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to training.
What is Boxing, exactly?
Boxing is a sport in which two people fight to knock one another out. They do this by hitting each other in the head and face. The object of boxing is to hit an opponent as hard as possible without hurting yourself. In order for this to happen, both boxers must be able to throw punches at high speed. They must also be able to coordinate their hand-eye movements.
How long does learning to box take?
Boxing is one the oldest forms of martial arts. China is where the first known boxing match took place in 2200 BC. Boxing has been practiced for thousands of years. Today, boxing is still loved by celebrities and athletes. It takes approximately 10 months to master boxing.
It takes so long for boxing to be learned because there are many types of movements involved. To be able to perform each movement correctly, certain muscles are required. It takes time to train these muscles.
You can learn how to move your body and then you can begin practicing any type boxing technique. Over time, each technique will become more difficult.
Can you train yourself to box?
You can box if you want. Just find a local boxing studio and sign up for a class. You will find most gyms offering free classes. However, if there isn’t one near you, you can always search Google for local boxes clubs.
You will also need gloves, mouthpieces and headgear to sparring with your partners. Once you have everything you need, you can practice your kicks and punches.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. The space you need to train can be found in the garage, basement and spare rooms, as well as in the living room. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag is essential. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is necessary. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- You need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be bought online or in-store. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. You can purchase them online or in-store. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- You will need a mouthpiece. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used in real fight simulations. They can be purchased offline or online stores. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You need a towel. You need a towel to remove sweat after a workout. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.