MISFITS boxing is starting to draw bigger audiences with its unique approach to the world of boxing.
The exhibition fights between popular influencers is starting to create interest in boxing from fans from YouTube who have never previously followed the sport.
KSI celebrates his Misfits boxing win at the Ovo Arena in Wembley, London
Who owns Misfits boxing?
Misfits boxing was set up by Kalle and Nisse Sauerland, KSI and Mams Taylor.
Kalle and Nisse Sauerland also run their own promotion company Wasserman Boxing and were born into the industry with their father also being a promoter.
KSI, a popular YouTuber and singer, was a big part in the idea to create the platform and what it should promote.
Mams Taylor, is a singer/songwriter who also owns the organisation that manages KSI.
Misfits boxing signed a deal with DAZN to broadcast their live events.
What is Misfits boxing?
Misfits boxing is crossover sport that allows people from varying disciplines to battle it out in the ring.
The invention of the sport was spurred by events such as when Conor McGregor fought Floyd Mayweather in 2017.
Due to the popularity of both celebrities in their own sports, it spurred huge interest in the much anticipated bout.
It ended being one of the most lucrative sports events in history.
When Misfits was created it was underlined that this platform was not to arrange fights between non-boxers and ex-champions, such as Logan Paul vs Floyd Mayweather, as it was felt that these exhibition events were so obviously fake.
Kalle Sauerland told TalkSport “The idea is not to make KSI, or whoever is in this stable, fight against Floyd Mayweather or [former world champion] Carl Froch or all these fights which are so clearly fakes.
“They’re fakes. I haven’t even watched the [Mayweather vs Logan] fight – not interested.
“But if a young man or woman is prepared to go through the grit and mill to become a professional boxer – and at the same time that brings eyeballs to our sport because they happen to have a profile – it doesn’t matter to me if he’s a milkman or a YouTuber with 30 million subscribers, that is something that we do.”
Who are Co-founders of Misfits boxing, Kalle and Nisse Sauerland?
The son of champion boxer, Wilfried Sauerland, Kalle was born in Germany then moved to North London.
Kalle Sauerland is the founder of Sauerland Events and is one of the most successful promoters in world boxing, now splitting his time between Hamburg and London.
He has tried to create the World Boxing Super Series that is to the sport what the World Cup is to football.
The $50million event sees sixteen boxers from two weight divisions compete for the Muhammad Ali Trophy and a share of the purse.
Some of the fighters he has promoted are names such as George Groves, Dereck Chisora, Anthony Agogo and David Price.
Nisse Sauerland is the more reserved of the two brothers, compared to his more outspoken brother.
He has quite a varied career to date ranging from working at Babestation, to his current boxing promoting.
To date, he has promoted in excess of sixty events in the sport.
He is active on social media platforms and really does know the value of promoting events and fighters on there in the modern day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find boxing equipment?
You can purchase boxing equipment online from many places. Some of these include Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, and Sports Authority. You might also consider discount stores such as Ross and TJ Maxx if you are looking for low-cost boxing gear.
Look into reputable brands like Warrior and Golden Glove if you are looking to buy quality boxing gear.
How can a beginner begin boxing at home
Boxing has been around since ancient times. Boxing was created in ancient times to help warriors fight off their enemies. Today, boxing is still widely practiced around the world. Boxing does not require that you go to a gym. To box, all you need are a pair gloves and punching bags.
You can also find local amateur boxing clubs where you can join and get trained by professional coaches. Once you master basic punches & combinations, you will be ready for competition in tournaments.
What are the main types of boxing glove?
There are three main types in boxing gloves: mitts; fingerless mitts; and full-fingerered. There is padding around the fingers of mitten gloves. Fingerless mitts, which do not provide padding around the fingers but cover them, have no padding at the knuckles. Full-finger gloves have padding all over the hand.
Mittens are used for punching or hitting with the fist. Fingerless mitt gloves are used for punching or striking with the knuckle of the index finger. For punching with one fist, full-fingerered boxing gloves can be used.
How to protect yourself
Always defend your head when you’re being attacked. Avoid getting punched. To do this, you will need to learn how to prevent an incoming punch. Here’s the way to do it.
- Stand tall and square yourshoulders.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Block the incoming punch with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until you see the attacker run away.
- Keep fighting for your rights.
How long does it take for you to learn boxing
Learning boxing takes around 3 months. This includes learning the basics like footwork, balance, and stance. It’s important to remember that boxing is not only about throwing punches. It is important to know how to dodge and block attacks.
What is the average time it takes to learn to box.
Boxing is one of the oldest martial arts known to man. The first recorded boxing match was held in China around 2200 BC. Boxing has been practiced for thousands of years. Boxing is still very popular with celebrities and athletes. However, it takes about 10 months to become proficient at boxing.
The reason why it takes so long to learn boxing is because it involves many different types of movements. To be able to perform each movement correctly, certain muscles are required. This is why it takes time for these muscles to grow.
However, once you know how to move your entire body, you can then start any type of boxing technique. Over time, each technique will become more difficult.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You need a place where you can train. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is often made of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- A bench is necessary. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags can be used to improve hand movement speed. These bags can be bought online or offline. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- A headgear is essential. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. You can purchase them online or in-store. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- A mouthpiece is essential. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can be bought online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- A towel is essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.