LEIGH WOOD is the only man fighting for his old WBA featherweight crown after bloated Mauricio Lara was stripped ahead of their Saturday fight.
In February the violent Mexican stopped the 34-year-old Nottingham ace and snatched away his 126lbs world title.
Mauricio Lara and Leigh Wood face off in their weigh in
The Manchester rematch was arranged but Lara – who refuelled for the original clash with a giant pizza and bottle of Coke on the Friday weigh-in stage – failed his midweek weight check.
The British Boxing Board of Control were concerned and warned Lara that he was forbidden from dehydrating himself down to less than 128.6lbs on Friday.
But, after Wood obeyed the rules and weighed in at 125.9, Lara bowled in at 129.8lbs.
The BBBoC were fuming but the title decision fell to the sanctioning body who thankfully took action on Friday afternoon and stripped the champion.
More to follow.
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY…SE is your go to destination for the best football, boxing and MMA news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheSunFootball and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunFootball.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do boxers train for beginners?
Although boxing is one the oldest sports, it has only recently been rediscovered as a popular sport. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch each other until one of them falls.
To become a boxer, you must first find out what boxing is like. You can watch some boxing matches on YouTube to feel how it feels hitting someone. After you have decided if you are interested in boxing, you can choose the style of fighting that you like.
How long does it take you to learn boxing
It takes about 3 months to learn boxing. It takes 3 months to learn the basics of boxing, including footwork, stance and balance. Boxing isn’t just about throwing punches. It is important to know how to dodge and block attacks.
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers work out for at least 4 hours each day. They spend time learning new moves and practice their punches, as well as studying boxing techniques. Boxers sometimes spar 10 times per semaine.
What is the best way to practice boxing punches in your home?
Boxing punches are practiced using a punching bag. The bag is used to practice boxing punches until you feel confident. Then, move to the next area. You can then move onto the next area once you are comfortable with that one.
How to throw an emu jab
Follow this step-by-step guide to throw a jab.
- Move forward with both your feet.
- Arrest your arm high above your shoulder.
- Bring your fist down towards your target.
- Swing your arm back upwards after hitting your target.
- Steps 1 through 4 can be repeated.
What are the best ways to learn boxing defense from home?
Boxing has been around since the dawn of time. Boxing is one of the most difficult sports you can play. You don’t just punch someone in the face and knock him out. You need to know how you can defend yourself against punches or kicks.
First, find a gym that offers boxing. Once you’ve found the right place to train, it’s time to purchase gloves and a headgear. Gloves protect your hands while the headgear protects your head. Also, you will need to wear shorts with a T-shirt.
Once you have all your equipment, you need to heat up. Begin slowly, then gradually increase your speed. Start sparring with another boxer when you feel confident. Do not worry if you make a mistake. It doesn’t matter if you fail, just keep trying until you succeed.
What are the benefits of boxing?
There are many health benefits associated with boxing. Boxing is good for building strong bones and muscles. It improves coordination, reflexes, and coordination. It strengthens your heart, lungs and other vital organs. Boxing doesn’t need any special equipment. You can use almost anything around your home.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- A bench is essential. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- Headgear is necessary. It protects your head when sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- A towel is essential. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. They should be soft and absorbent.