LIAM SMITH reckons Chris Eubank Jr is “embarrassing” himself by contemplating appealing his spectacular defeat.
Former IBO middleweight champion Eubank Jr was brutally knocked out in the fourth round of his domestic dust-up with the Liverpudlian last weekend.
Liam Smith brutally knocked out Chris Eubank Jr in their grudge match
Team Eubank Jr are considering appealing the loss due to an accidental elbow
Beefy has slammed Eubank Jr and his team for contemplating an appeal
But Team Eubank Jr are considering appealing the result due to an illegal elbow moments before Smith flattened Next Gen with a nasty uppercut and left hook.
The potential appeal has amused former WBO light-middleweight champ Smith, who told Sky Sports: “They are clutching at straws.
“As much as it might be a shock for people to see Chris sitting on his backside like that, just take it on the chin.
“You lost, you got stopped, come back from it. Nobody believes you. You’re embarrassing yourself.”
Smith has no qualms with Eubank Jr appealing his first stoppage loss but reckons a rematch will leave no doubt over who is Britain’s best middleweight.
The 34-year-old Merseysider said: “Go file your complaint by all means.
“If that’s the case, just take the rematch. What are you waiting for?
“You’ve got three or four weeks to activate the rematch clause.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
“If it was caused by an elbow, go ahead and activate it and let’s move on.”
Eubank Jr offered no excuses for the defeat, saying: “I got caught, so to me, I’m still able to perform and in my mind.
“I’m still the better fighter.
“Obviously I don’t have much of an argument after a loss, but I have an argument to prove I’m the better fighter.
“It was a shot that landed, and it’s a fight I think the fans will still want to see further down the line.”
But along with footage of the stoppage on Instagram, coach Roy Jones Jr said: “Avoid Roy Jones Jr as a trainer!
“Never mind this elbow. Just avoid him. Damn.
“If I can take all that away from a fighter via training, no wonder I raised so much hell in my day!!”
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 7 punches in boxing?
There are seven boxing punches. They include jab and cross, hook and uppercut, straight right and left hook, as well as body shot. These punches are used for attacking the opponent’s body, head, and legs.
What is the difference between a left hook and a right cross?
A left-hand hook is thrown on the side of a body while a lateral cross is thrown on the front.
The opponent is facing the back of the left hook. The elbow is bent 90°, and the wrist is turned 45° towards the opponent.
The opponent is facing the palm and the elbow straight. A right cross is made. The wrist is turned 45 degrees away from the opponent.
How can I learn boxing with only a partner?
You can also watch professional boxing matches live on TV if you don’t have a partner and want to learn boxing. You might also be able to find an amateur club nearby. Regular training sessions are a common feature of amateur boxing clubs. These sessions usually involve sparring partners who hit pads together.
You can also use punching bags to practice boxing. Before you hit the bag, make sure to wear protective gear like boxing gloves.
How long does learning boxing take?
Boxing takes 3 months to learn. It takes 3 months to learn the basics of boxing, including footwork, stance and balance. Boxing isn’t just about throwing punches. You need to learn how you can block and dodge attacks.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You will need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made out of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- A headgear is essential. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be bought online or in-store. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. They can be ordered online or at local shops. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.