Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sporting ExcitementSporting Excitement

Premier League

Chelsea set to snub Saul Niguez transfer after flop loan and target Marcelo Brozovic instead

CHELSEA have ‘no intention’ of making Saul Niguez’s loan move a permanent one and are instead exploring different targets for next summer.

Saul signed late on transfer deadline day, with the Blues having the option to sign the 26-year-old permanently at the end of the season.

Saul has struggled to make an impact since joining from Atletico Madrid
And has started the last five Premier League games on the bench

But after playing just 146 minutes of football so far, Thomas Tuchel is now eyeing a move for Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, according to La Razon.

Saul’s lack of playing time means ‘everything indicates’ he will be heading back to the Wanda Metropolitano in the summer.

The 19-cap Spain international joined the Blues in a bid for more first team football, but has had limited opportunities at Stamford Bridge.

He made his Premier League debut against Aston Villa on September 11, but was hauled off at half time after a torrid 45 minutes.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The midfielder then played 76 minutes in the Carabao Cup clash against Aston Villa later that month, and came off the bench against Malmo in midweek.

Saul’s return to Madrid will allow the Blues to press on with a deal for Croatian international Brozovic.

The 28-year-old is out of contract with Serie A champions in the summer.

He is in talks with the San Siro side regarding a new deal but could be tempted by a move to the Premier League.

The Blues are said to be monitoring negotiations between Brozovic and the Nerazzurri, and are ready to swoop in with a ‘hefty package.’

The Serie A side are said to be short of cash despite selling Romelu Lukaku and Achraf Hakimi in the summer.

It means they could be priced out of Brozovic’s £100,000-a-week wage demands.

The Blues were previously linked with a move for Brozovic in 2016, but he decided to pen a new long-term deal at San Siro.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Newcastle and PSG are also rumoured to be interested in a move for the Inter midfielder.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Latest

Cricket

JOFRA ARCHER’S career has been plunged into further doubt after being ruled out for the whole summer. The Sussex fast bowler has suffered a...

Boxing

JOSHUA BUATSI returns to the ring on Saturday night in the toughest test of his career against Craig ‘Spider’ Richards. The mouthwatering light-heavyweight fight...

Tennis

NOVAK DJOKOVIC may have to beat Rafael Nadal in the French Open QUARTER-FINALS of his bid to draw level with his great rival on...

Cricket

BEN STOKES has revealed he suffered panic attacks while sitting on the toilet in his room at the England team hotel. His agent says...

Boxing

EDDIE HEARN was half-tempted to jokingly call out Jake Paul during the Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano fight week. The pair got up close...

Golf

TIGER WOODS was almost hit by a flying golf ball and rowed with a cameraman in an eventful opening round at the PGA Championship....

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook