Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sporting ExcitementSporting Excitement

Premier League

Man City’s Benjamin Mendy arrives at court accused of rape and sex assault

BENJAMIN Mendy has today arrived at court charged with seven counts of rape.

The Manchester City star was last month bailed after spending five months in custody following his arrest in August.

Benjamin Mendy arrives at court this morning
The footballer is accused of seven rapes

Mendy, 27, is accused of seven counts of rape and one of sexual assault against five women aged over 16.

He was pictured arriving at Chester Crown Court today in a dark coat and a face mask.

Mendy spent 134 days in prison after breaching bail conditions following his arrest on suspicion of several sex offences.

Judge Patrick Thompson released him from custody during a private hearing last month but imposed a list of “stringent” conditions.

He must surrender his passport and make no contact with complainants.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Mendy must also stay at his six bedroom, £4.8million mansion in Cheshire.

It came after Mendy was charged with a seventh rape count.

The fresh offence relates to a new complainant and is alleged to have taken place in July last year.

Mendy was already facing six rape counts against four women when the new charge was added.

One of these was carried out on August 23 – just three days before he was charged, it is said.

It is the second rape Mendy allegedly committed while on police bail after his arrest in November.

Mendy is also accused of raping a woman three times at Cheshire mansion in October 2020. 

The footballer allegedly sexually assaulted a woman in early January 2021.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

RAPE CLAIMS

A provisional trial date on June 27 has been set.

Co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40 is accused of six counts of rape and one sexual assault.

Premier League champions Man City spent a reported £49.2million signing Mendy from French side Monaco in 2017.

He last played for the club on August 15 during their 1-0 defeat to Tottenham at the start of the season.

In September 2020, City boss Pep Guardiola revealed Mendy would be out of the game for at least a month due to an injury.

In a statement, the club said: “Manchester City can confirm that following his being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.

“The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”

Mendy was released on bail last month

The star is set to stand trial in the summer

The 27-year-old left-back is suspended from the club

Manchester City’s Mendy earns £90,000 a week

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Did you miss our previous article…
https://www.sportingexcitement.com/football/premier-league/arsenal-forced-to-pay-aubameyang-7m-severance-package-to-cancel-contract-but-saved-29m-from-his-350k-a-week-wages

Advertisement
Advertisement

Latest

Premier League

ARSENAL and Liverpool are reportedly lining up a move for Villarreal star Yeremy Pino, with the Spanish club prepared to sell at the right...

Formula 1

MICHAEL Schumacher has not been seen or heard from for nearly nine years – and there are fears he could never fully recover from...

Boxing

ANTHONY JOSHUA must be a ‘bully’ if he wants to defeat Oleksandr Usyk in a dramatic rematch later this month, according to Carl Frampton....

Golf

TIGER WOODS could at least see the funny side, as he continued recuperating at home following the horror crash that left him with serious...

Horse Racing

OISIN MURPHY has revealed the mystery behind the best horse he has ridden – who was banned from ever racing. The champion Flat jockey...

Premier League

EVERTON are reportedly about to tie up a deal for Conor Coady after losing Ben Godfrey to a long-term injury. England centre-half Godfrey broke...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook