MANCHESTER UNITED have had a bid for Dejan Kulusevski rejected by Juventus, it’s been claimed.
The Red Devils are still in the market for a winger following their failed pursuit of England international Jadon Sancho last summer.
Sweden international Kulusevski is said to be one of the names on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s list of targets.
And according to reports, the Red Devils have had an approach for the 21-year-old knocked back by the Old Lady.
Italian outlet Calciomercato claim Juve said ‘no’ to the Premier League big boys as they’re eager to retain Kulusevski’s services.
Despite Kulusevski’s less than stellar start to life at the Allianz Stadium, the defending Italian champions are said to have ‘no doubts about the investment made a year and a half ago.’
Kulusevski joined Juve last January after a stellar season with Atalanta, although he was immediately loaned out to Parma.
The Swede has featured heavily this season but has yet to replicate his form at Parma and Atalanta.
BETTING SPECIAL – GET £60 IN FREE BETS FOR PUNCHESTOWN
Kulusevski has found the back of the net six times and provided four assists in 41 appearances this campaign.
Despite his difficult first season in Turin, Juve boss Andrea Pirlo has been impressed by what he’s seen of the young forward.
Last month, the Italian said: “He is reacting as a champion.
“It’s natural when coming to Juventus aged 20 that there’s more pressure and every pass seems important.
“He is proving himself to be a champion in his mentality even quicker than he proves it on the field, so I expect great things.”
Kulusevski admits he’s struggled this campaign, recently saying: “It is important now to find some confidence.
“That’s what has been missing a bit in this period, so let me work a little in peace and I continue to work every day to play better and help the team win.”
Kulusevski and his Juventus team-mates will be back in action on Sunday evening, travelling to Udine to take on Udinese.