A PREMIER League and international footballer accused of rape last year has reportedly had his bail extended.
It means the player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, could start the season with his fate undecided, The Telegraph reports.
A Premier League and international footballer accused of rape last year has reportedly had his bail extended
He was arrested in North London on July 4 last year after a complaint was made about him.
The newspaper understands that after several extensions the Metropolitan Police told the suspect his bail date has been moved to next month.
The force said in a previous statement: “On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.
“It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022.
“On 4 July, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody.
“While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.
“No further action will be taken in relation to the offence in June 2021 but the investigation into the remaining offences is ongoing.”
Did you miss our previous article…