PREPARE for a weekend of high-octane action from Silverstone as the 2020 British Grand Prix gets underway.
Lewis Hamilton is out to defend his world title and has won a record SIX times at this track, but could only manage fifth in FP2 at practice.
Sadly the Mercedes star won’t be able to celebrate with fans this year with the track closed to the public due to coronavirus restrictions.
When is British Grand Prix practice?
- Race week began on Friday, July 31 with the first two practice sessions at Silverstone.
- Qualifying now follows on Saturday, August 1 at 2pm after the third practice at 11am.
- And lights out for the big race will be at 2.10pm on Sunday.
How can I watch on TV and live stream?
- You can catch every minute of the weekend’s action on Sky Sports F1.
- Coverage of the first practice session on Friday begins at 11am BST.
- If you’re not a Sky customer, grab a NOW TV pass from £9.99 to stream from Silverstone.
How can I watch for free?
- The weekend’s entertainment is also being shown live and FREE on Channel 4.
- The free-to-air channel will show all of practice, qualifying and the race itself.
- Coverage of qualifying begins at 1pm on Friday.
- If you miss any of the drama, highlights will be shown of qualifying on Saturday at 7.30pm and the race on Sunday at 6.30pm.
Full race schedule
Friday, July 31
- Practice 1 – 11am to 12.30pm
- Practice 2 – 3pm to 4.30pm
Saturday, August 1
- Practice 3 – 11am to 12pm
- Qualifying – 2pm to 3pm
Sunday, August 2
- Race – 2.10pm