THE Spanish Grand Prix is next up on the F1 race calendar as the world’s fastest drivers descend upon Catalunya this weekend.
Max Verstappen has had a hell of a season so far, winning three of the five races on offer, but Charles Leclerc isn’t far behind.
Max Verstappen won the F1 Miami Grand Prix two weeks ago
The man from Monaco won the opening race of the season in Bahrain and was also victorious in Australia.
Lewis Hamilton has had to endure a tricky season so far as Mercedes continue to deal with porpoising issues.
Hamilton will be hopeful he can secure his second podium finish of the season in Spain, but team-mate George Russell is someone he’s having to contend with as well.
It’s set to be an exciting race, with all the usual twists and turns a typical F1 weekend brings up.
When is the F1 Spanish Grand Prix?
- The F1 Spanish Grand Prix will get underway from 2pm UK time on Sunday, May 22.
- The race will take place at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
- There should be a 140,000 capacity in attendance at the race.
- Practice One and Two will take place on Friday, May 20.
- Qualifying and Practice Three will get underway on Saturday, May 21.
What channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- The F1 Spanish Grand Prix will be shown live on Sky Sports F1 in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the Sky Go or NOW TV apps, both of which are available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- Coverage will get underway from 12.30pm BST on Sunday, May 22.
F1 2022 calendar: practice times, dates and racetrack info
F1 Spanish Grand Prix full schedule
Friday, May 20
- Practice One – 1pm BST
- Practice Two – 4pm BST
Saturday, May 21
- Practice Three – 12pm BST
- Qualifying – 3pm BST
Sunday, May 22
- Spanish Grand Prix – 2pm BST