PAIGE SPIRANAC has had a cheeky crack at LIV golfers after watching a clip of Lionel Messi and Salt Bae.
The video of Messi ignoring the TikTok star after winning the World Cup has gone viral.
Paige Spiranac thinks there could be some awkward encounters on the PGA Tour next year
The influencer believes Rory McIlroy will snub LIV Golf rebels
Spiranac made the joke after watching Lionel Messi ignore Salt Bae
Sprianac is the most followed golf personality on Instagram
McIlroy has been a vocal critic of the LIV Golf tour
Salt Bae pestered Messi after he won the World Cup
Salt Bae is seen pestering Messi and trying to get his attention, with the 35-year-old brushing him aside.
After watching the video Spiranac jokingly suggested fans will see the same thing with Rory McIlroy and golfers who signed up to the LIV Golf tour.
Several high-profile stars have signed up to the Saudi Arabia-funded tour, including Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood and Graeme McDowell.
But McIlroy is a firm critic of the breakaway group and believes it “won’t end well”.
He said: “Any decision you make in your life that’s made purely for money usually doesn’t end up going the right way.
“Obviously money is a deciding factor on a lot of things in this world, but if it’s purely for money, it never seems to go the way you want it to.
“I’ve had that a couple of times in my life.”
Because of his stance, Spiranac jokingly claimed McIlroy will want nothing to do with those who have joined LIV Golf, and will snub them at The Masters next year – just as Messi rejected Salt Bae.
LIV Golf rebels including Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson were initially suspended by the PGA Tour and forbidden from participating in events.
But the R&A have revealed all players will be allowed to compete at next year’s Open, so there could be a few awkward encounters.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the average score for a golfer?
Average golfers shoot around 80-85 yards in tandem with their driver.
Can I improve my golf game without practicing?
To improve your game, it is important to practice. You can still improve your game even if you don’t have the time or resources for consistent drills. Keep in mind that you should always strive to practice what you have set out to do. To put it another way, if your goal is to play faster you should work towards playing faster. If you want to hit the target farther, you should also focus on hitting the target further.
Is there a way to make money golfing?
Absolutely! There are many ways to earn extra income as a professional golfer. You could teach lessons, sell merchandise, host tournaments or even participate in celebrity events.
How can my golf game be improved overnight?
The best way to improve your golf game overnight is to practice for 20 minutes per day, three times a week. You must practice consistently if you want to perform well in any tournament. Practice makes perfect!
Is it possible to earn money as a professional golfer?
It is possible to make a living as a professional golfer. But it takes hard work and dedication. Pros make millions every year.
Do I really require a golf membership to play?
No, you don’t need a golf course membership. However, having a membership does provide you with access to all the facilities at the course, such as driving ranges, putting greens, and locker rooms.
- Or that, on the greens, some 84% of putts over five feet also finish short of the hole? (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- Stats reveal 96% of golfers play right-handed. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- Shot Scope’s mapping data reveals 72% of danger is at the front of the green (sand or water), whereas there’s only 28% behind. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- By adding 10 more yards to all their golf shots amateurs will increase the percentage of greens they hit by 8 – 10%. (golfinsideruk.com)
- This means as much as 50% of your practice time. (practical-golf.com)
How to lower your golf scores in five easy steps
- Start with the right equipment. You will need to purchase quality clubs and balls. Learn how to golf from a professional. Ask around at the local driving school if there isn’t anyone you know who plays. You might get a lesson for free, or they may even offer you a free one!
- Practice makes perfect. This is no secret. However, if your goal is to improve your game, practice will be essential. It doesn’t really matter if you are playing with friends or solo; practicing is crucial. And when you do start practicing, make sure you keep track of your progress. Take down all of your activities so that you can track where you are succeeding and where you still need improvement.
- Play more often. It may feel overwhelming to start out golfing. But once you get in a rhythm, you’ll find that you actually enjoy it. Your next step is increasing your play frequency. Try to play three or more times per week (or every day). It means you will play two rounds of 18 holes each weekend, and one round of 9 holes every week.
- Don’t forget to eat well. Many people believe that eating breakfast is a way to do their bodies a favor. This is not healthy. Try to eat something before leaving the house. You should ideally eat small snacks that contain protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber. A light meal containing lean proteins and vegetables can be prepared when you arrive at your course.
- Get plenty of water. Drinking lots of fluids helps prevent dehydration, which can lead to headaches and muscle aches. Additionally, water helps to keep your body hydrated which is essential for peak performance.