PAIGE SPIRANAC has revealed golf legend Phil Mickelson blocked her, apologised for it, and then blocked her again.
Spiranac, 29, is a former professional golfer but has made her name online through her social media presence.
Paige Spiranac has spoken up about Phil Mickelson blocking her on Twitter
Paige claims Mickelson apologised for blocking her and then did it again
Paige hit out at Mickelson earlier this year for signing up to the LIV Tour
Back in June, she slammed Mickelson and other players for joining the LIV Golf Series.
But she has now confirmed, prior to those comments, she had already had a strange run-in with the six-time major winner.
Speaking on her Play A Round podcast, she said: “Phil Mickelson blocked me – I found out during the PGA Championship that he won (2021).
“I tried to @ him and he was unavailable. I thought maybe he just didn’t have a Twitter until I looked and everyone was tagging him.
“So I clicked on it and it said ‘You’re blocked by Phil Mickelson’.
“And so I made a bit of a stink about it because I can push some people’s buttons and I can say things that get under people’s skin… I have never said one bad, mean word about Phil Mickelson. So I was like ‘why did you block me?’
“He messaged me and was like ‘Hey, sorry, I didn’t mean to, it’s probably just some glitch’ and I was like ‘No worries, congrats on the PGA’.
“Next day he blocked me on Twitter and on Instagram.
“So ever since then I have been petty and I probably deserve to be blocked now but… and I didn’t know how long I was blocked or why I was blocked. It was never explained.
“But, yeah, I can never see Phil Mickelson’s social media ever again.”
Meanwhile, Spiranac has not held back on her views about the controversial LIV Golf Series – which Mickelson decided to join earlier this year.
When players were first signing up, a frustrated Paige posted: “These elaborate statements are annoying.
“No one going to the LIV tour actually cares about the progression of the game.
“I wish they just said ‘because it’s a s*** ton of money’.”
Paige has accumulated a huge following on Instagram
She has 3.7 million followers on her Instagram
Paige is known for posting racy pictures on her social media platforms
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you find watching professional players makes you better?
Watching pro players play makes you better at video games. Learn from other players’ mistakes and improve your game. Professional gamers can inspire you to be a better player.
Can I improve my playing without practice?
Practice is key to improving your game. If you don’t have the resources or time to drill regularly, you can still improve. Remember to always practice what you want to do. You should play fast if you want to play faster. If you wish to hit your shot farther, you need to focus on striking the target farther.
How do I improve my game of golf?
These simple tips will make your golf game more enjoyable.
- Practice more, play less. Practice more if you want to improve at something. To play too often is a sign that you are developing bad habits.
- You should play when you feel good. There are times when it is not easy to play golf. Don’t force yourself into doing things you don’t enjoy. Instead, look for ways to make golf more enjoyable.
- Take breaks. Golfers frequently take breaks during the round to stretch and walk around, or eat lunch. Breaks allow your body to relax, and help you stay focused during the round.
- Water! It’s easy for you to lose count of how many beverages you’ve consumed while on the golf course. Make sure you drink enough water so that you aren’t dehydrated. Drinking plenty of water before, during, and after your game will help keep you feeling refreshed and ready to hit those greens.
- Make sure you eat right. Eating healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, and low fat dairy products will give you energy and allow you to perform well on the course.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water is the best way to stay hydrated. You should try drinking at least eight glasses of water per day. This includes plain water as well as water made from coffee or other beverages.
- You should warm up properly. Warm up for five minutes by walking, jogging or running before hitting your first shot. Then, focus on getting loose and limber.
- Keep your head down. It is important to look straight ahead when you tee up. You should not be looking at the ball, or where it lands. Instead, your eyes should be on the hole.
- Correct form is important when you are trying to move. Different people might interpret the same thing as proper form. You want to avoid hitting the target. You should instead aim to hit the ball in the middle of the club face.
- Concentrate on the process. You can improve your golf swing by focusing on the process. To put it another way, if your hands are not still, you can try relaxing your grip. You can also focus on your posture if balance is a problem.
What is the best shot in golf?
The most important shot for a golfer is the putt. It takes so much skill and precision to hit the ball correctly, that you are likely to lose the hole (and the game).
Are golfing and bad for me?
Golf is good for you. It’s actually very healthy. Studies show that golfers live longer and are healthier than non-golfers. Golfers are also less stressed, which makes them happier.
How can I reduce my golf score by five strokes
The first thing you must do is to improve your swing mechanics. You probably know how to hold the club correctly, but if you don’t feel comfortable swinging the club properly, you won’t get the proper feedback from your body. Once you’ve mastered this step, you’ll want to focus on improving your strength and flexibility. Begin slow and work your way up to faster distances. As you progress towards higher scores, your game will become more consistent.
- Stats reveal 96% of golfers play right-handed. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- The blade aim at impact controls 92% of the ball’s start line, so prioritise face aim as a place to start (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- However, if you go in thinking that you will get all the way down to a 10, you will likely stunt your progress because your expectations are way out of line. (practical-golf.com)
- Trackman found that over 65% of amateur’s golf shots finish short of the target from 160 yards. (golfinsideruk.com)
- Or that, on the greens, some 84% of putts over five feet also finish short of the hole? (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
How to Improve Your Golf Swing
How to improve your game of golf
Practice is the key to improving your golf swing. Practice makes perfect! It is important to practice every day in order to improve your game. If you want to make improvements, you must put in consistent effort. You should practice at least 5 times per week. To get results, it’s crucial to practice this consistently.
You should start out slow when learning how to play golf. Start with short shots, then work your way up to longer shots. This will allow you to build strength and endurance. It is likely that you will struggle to hit the ball straight at first when you begin golf. Keep working hard and you will eventually improve your golf swing.
You can swing from many different positions and stances. Practice hitting the ball with your feet while standing still. Then, you can move forward and reverse. Next, try walking backwards to hit the ball. You can also hit the ball while running. Each swing requires a unique stance and position. These exercises will help determine which position and stance is best for you. Once you have a good idea of which stance and what position is best for you, you can apply them in actual games.
Keep track of your progress. You can track your progress and see areas where you need to improve. Write down everything you practice doing. Keep track how many times you practice each day and score your progress. You can use this information to assess your progress.
Professional instructors can give you lessons if you are having difficulty developing a strong swing. A qualified instructor will show you the proper technique and offer tips to help improve your game. They can help choose the right equipment for you. Your chances of success will increase if you have someone who understands what they are doing.
Golf is a very popular sport today. Every year, millions of people play the sport. There are many things you can do to help you play better golf. These tips include practice your swing, understanding how to read greens, as well as improving your short-game.