PAIGE SPIRANAC has shared the tale of her disastrous dating life before meeting former husband Steven Tinoco.
The ex-golfer, 29, hosted a Q&A with her 3.6million Instagram followers and one asked Spiranac to describe her worst-ever date.
Paige Spiranac’s worst ever date involved Taco Bell and rejection
The ex-golf pro explained she found dating difficult throughout college
Spiranac also explained that men used to take advantage of her golf skills
Spirinac even lost a golf bag to one of her dates
And that opened up a can of worms, with Spiranac going to explain how she found dating difficult in college – partly because of her golf skills.
Spiranac said on Instagram: “This guy that I thought was my boyfriend at the time, he introduced me as his friend, and then he took me to Taco Bell, and didn’t even buy me anything.
“Probably the worst date I have ever been on.”
Spiranac has previously revealed her dating dos and don’ts – and it seems she has had her fair share of bad dating experiences.
The social media influencer also explained that she often used golf to find common ground with guys she was interested in – but even that sometimes backfired and Spiranac instead ended up handing out free lessons.
Spiranac added: “So in college, I had a hard time getting dates, so I used golf as an in and be like, ‘Give you free golf balls, give you lessons’.
“But there was one guy who had a girlfriend, he led me on because his game was getting so much better from all these free lessons and he wanted to keep doing them so yes, he used me for free golf lessons.”
“There was also another guy who I really, really liked and he did not like me. I gave him my SDSU (San Diego State University) golf bag and so, he has my SDSU golf bag with my name on it. I never got it back and he was never my boyfriend.”
Spiranac has also previously described pro golfers as the worst type of athlete to date.
Perhaps that is why she turned to Minor League Baseball player and personal trainer Tinoco for love, reportedly getting engaged in 2016 before tying the knot two years later.
While it has been a successful 2022 for the beautiful former pro.
In June, she was named by Maxim as the ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’.
But Spirinac has found love and is married to personal trainer Steven Tinoco
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I reduce my golf score by five strokes
The first thing you must do is to improve your swing mechanics. Although you may be able to hold the club properly, if your body isn’t comfortable with the swing, it won’t give you the right feedback. After mastering this step, you can work on your flexibility and strength. Start off slowly, working up to longer distances. As you progress towards higher scores, your game will become more consistent.
Do I really need a golf course membership to play golf?
You don’t need to join the golf club. However, having a membership does provide you with access to all the facilities at the course, such as driving ranges, putting greens, and locker rooms.
What is the average shot of a golfer?
The average golfer can shoot 80-85 yards along with their driver.
How can I make money playing the game of golf?
Absolutely! You have many options to make extra money as a professional golfer. You can teach, sell merchandise, organize tournaments, and even be a celebrity.
Can I improve my playing without practice?
It is vital to practice regularly if you want to improve your game. But, even if it is difficult to practice drills consistently, you can still improve. Remember to always practice what you want to do. You should play fast if you want to play faster. You should focus on hitting the target farther if you want to hit the shot faster.
Which is the most important shot of golf?
The most important shot a golfer can make is the putt. Because it takes so much skill to hit the ball perfectly, if you fail at putting, you’re likely to lose the hole (and possibly the game).
- If you have 14 attempts and convert as little as 50% of them into Pars – you can double bogey the remaining 4 holes and still shoot 87 for your round. (golfmadesimple.com)
- The blade aim at impact controls 92% of the ball’s start line, so prioritise face aim as a place to start (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- Or that, on the greens, some 84% of putts over five feet also finish short of the hole? (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- This means as much as 50% of your practice time. (practical-golf.com)
- According to Shot Scope’s database of more than 30 million shots, 80% of missed greens are missed short. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
How to lower your golf scores in five easy steps
- Start with the right equipment. You will need to purchase quality clubs and balls. You can learn how to play golf by taking lessons. If you don’t know anyone who plays golf, ask around at your local driving range. They might even give you a free lesson just because they like seeing new faces!
- Practice makes perfect. This is a well-known fact, but practice is essential if you want to improve your game. No matter what level you play at, practicing is important. And when you do start practicing, make sure you keep track of your progress. Keep track of everything you do to see where you are improving and where you need more work.
- Play more. When you first get started, it’s probably going to feel like you’re spending too much money on golfing gear, so you won’t go out nearly enough. When you start to enjoy the game, it will become second nature. Next, increase your playing frequency. Play three times per week or every other day. It means you will play two rounds of 18 holes each weekend, and one round of 9 holes every week.
- Be sure to eat right. Many people think that they are doing their body a favor by not eating breakfast or having lunch after work. But this isn’t healthy. Try to eat something before leaving the house. In order to be healthy, you should have small snacks with protein, carbohydrates and fat. You can also have a light meal made up of lean proteins, vegetables, and other healthy foods when you get there.
- Make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Drinking lots of fluids prevents dehydration, which can lead headaches or muscle aches. Drinking water is important for optimal performance.