PAIGE SPIRANAC has slammed trolls who fat-shamed her following her appearance on TV for an MLB pitch.
The former pro golfer was asked to do the opening pitch as the Milwaukee Brewers hosted the New York Yankees in Wisconsin.
Paige Spiranac is considered to be Golf’s No1 stunner
Spiranac plays her opening pitch at the MLB game
But following her pitch, Spiranac was the victim of a number of vile trolls who sent abusive messages.
On her Playing a Round podcast, she revealed some of the comments she had been sent.
She said: “People were absolutely roasting me. And this was after a video I posted a couple days prior where people were fat shaming me. I’ve been called fat before from trolls but not at this level…
“Here are some of the comments; ‘Not that cute from this video she looks like a disgusting pig.’
“‘You know the reality somewhere between the sexiest woman alive and a fat washed-up whale’, ‘she’s getting chunky’, ‘she’s getting fat’.
“‘Looks like she got some fillers injected before the game she can be on the next episode of botched’, ‘talk about a butter face’, ‘brave of her to show up looking like a fat disgusting pig’.”
Spiranac admitted she did not handle the comments particularly well.
However, after admitting she had gained some weight, she hypothesised that her weight gain was down to her feeling the happiness she had ever been.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
She added: “I am the happiness I feel like I’ve ever been and that is probably why I have gained a little weight.”
Spiranac called out the trolls on her Instagram page last week, revealing she had to delete a number of comments on a previous post.
She has an incredible 3.6million followers on her Instagram, where she regularly posts snaps and videos for fans.
LIV rebel Bryson DeChambeau – who is dating rising star Lilia Schneider – was trolled by Spiranac after he was “almost decapitated” after running into a spectator rope.
Spiranac regularly posts pics and videos of herself around the golf course
She was voted the ‘sexiest woman alive’ by Maxim earlier this year
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best shot in golf?
The putt is the most important shot for any golfer. You can lose the hole and possibly the game because it takes so much skill.
Do you find watching golf helps improve your game.
It does indeed improve my game.
One of the most loved sports in the world is golf. This sport involves striking a ball towards a target at different distances using sticks, clubs, and so on. It’s a great way to relax and spend some quality time outdoors. Golf has many benefits. Here are a few:
- Golf helps you get fit
- Playing golf makes you feel good
- Playing doesn’t require you to think about too many things
- Golf teaches patience
- Watching golf gives you inspiration
- Golf is fun
- Golf is simple to learn
- Golf is less expensive than any other sport
- Golf is a wonderful stress reliever
- Golf is a social sport
Are golfing and bad for me?
Golf isn’t bad for you. It is very healthy. Studies show that people who play golf live longer than those who do not. Golfers also have a tendency to be happier because they are less stressed.
Can I improve my playing without practice?
Practicing is essential to improving your game. However, if you don’t possess the time or resources to consistently perform drills, you can still improve. Keep in mind that you should always strive to practice what you have set out to do. Playing faster is the best way to improve your game. Likewise, if you desire to hit the shot further, then you should concentrate on striking the target far.
Do I really need a golf course membership to play golf?
You do not need to have a membership at the course. But, you do have access to all the amenities at the course like the driving ranges, the putting greens, or the locker rooms.
How can my golf game be improved overnight?
Practice 20 minutes per session, three times per week, to improve your ability to play golf. It is important to practice regularly if you want your game to improve at every tournament. Practice makes perfect!
- According to Shot Scope’s database of more than 30 million shots, 80% of missed greens are missed short. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- The blade aim at impact controls 92% of the ball’s start line, so prioritise face aim as a place to start (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- Trackman found that over 65% of amateur’s golf shots finish short of the target from 160 yards. (golfinsideruk.com)
- This means as much as 50% of your practice time. (practical-golf.com)
- By adding 10 more yards to all their golf shots amateurs will increase the percentage of greens they hit by 8 – 10%. (golfinsideruk.com)
Five Simple Steps to Lower Your Golf Scores
- Get the right equipment. You’re going to want to invest in some good clubs and balls. Learning how to play the game of golf is the best way to determine what kind of club to use. If you don’t know anyone who plays, then ask around at the local driving range. They might even give you a free lesson just because they like seeing new faces!
- Practice makes perfect. This is obvious, but practicing is the best way to improve your game. It doesn’t really matter if you are playing with friends or solo; practicing is crucial. Keep track of your progress when you begin practicing. Note everything that you do in order to track your progress.
- Play more often. When you first get started, it’s probably going to feel like you’re spending too much money on golfing gear, so you won’t go out nearly enough. When you start to enjoy the game, it will become second nature. So the next step is to increase your frequency of play. Play three times per week or every other day. That means one round of 18 holes during the weekend and two rounds of 9 holes during the week.
- Be sure to eat right. Many people think eating well after lunch is better than breakfast. But this isn’t healthy. You should eat something before you leave your house. In order to be healthy, you should have small snacks with protein, carbohydrates and fat. A light meal containing lean proteins and vegetables can be prepared when you arrive at your course.
- Hydration is key. Drinking lots water can prevent dehydration from leading to muscle aches and headaches. Additionally, water helps to keep your body hydrated which is essential for peak performance.