COLLIN MORIKAWA has the world at his feet – and a new wife by his side.
The 2021 Open champion, 25, married long-time girlfriend Katherine Zhu on November 26.
Katherine Zhu is the stunning wife of Open champion Collin Morikawa
She was on hand at TPC Harding Park to celebrate her man’s maiden major win – in just his second appearance
Morikawa and Katherine married in November
She was born in Vancouver, went to high school in China and then attended Pepperdine University
The pair have been engaged since 2021 and tied the knot at a lavish ceremony, with their dog Koa by their side.
Who is Collin Morikawa’s girlfriend Katherine Zhu?
Zhu spent four years playing at Pepperdine University and earning multiple WGCA All-American honours.
And it was through college golf, with Morikawa at California, that the couple met and hit it off.
Vancouver-born sensation Katherine loves her man and the sport so much she is often spotted on the PGA Tour caddying for him during competitions.
She said: “Golf is such a big part of my life. It’s taught me to be strong when things aren’t going well. It’s taught me to respect others around me.
Zhu gets to as many tournaments as she can to be alongside him – but also gives him a run for his money in their “competitive” games
“Most importantly, golf has created opportunities that have made lifelong memories that I’ll cherish forever. I’m so grateful for this amazing game.”
In a video for the PGA Tour, the pair gave a bit of a background to their relationship.
Morikawa said: “We met in college and just clicked. It’s crazy because I won my first college tournament that next week and we’ve done pretty good since – it’s really fun.
Zhu admitted their relationship is “very competitive” when they hit the course together with Morikawa adding: “Always, we never let each other win.
“I think she beats me on probably 70 per cent of our chipping competitions. It actually makes me a better player. What’s great about her is that we’re always competing.
“To have her around [on the PGA Tour] on off weeks when no one’s around, she can always bring a wedge to the course and we can always do something fun.”
Away from golf, Zhu attended high school at Zhuji Hailiang Private High School in China before returning to North America for her degree in international management.
Zhu has racked up more than 48,500 followers on Instagram and loves to share bikini shots from idyllic locations
Morikawa and Zhu celebrated their third anniversary last April and shared this picture to mark the occasion
The golfing power couple started dating in April 2017.
Morikawa posted their first photo together on social media the following month and joked: “Probably not a good idea to take your date to a rooftop when she’s afraid of heights.”
And they don’t mind keeping their blossoming relationship in the public eye, especially with Zhu’s massive following.
The brunette has racked up 69,500 Instagram followers already – but that is set to keep rising, especially as she delights fans with her stunning bikini pics and gorgeous selfies.
And when she is not hitting golf balls or smiling for the camera, judging from her Insta Zhu is spending most of her time either baking treats or looking after dogs after becoming a short-term foster owner this year.
Like any happy couple, Morikawa and Zhu love going on dates.
Whether that be exploring cities where he is playing tournaments, adventuring in the countryside, wining and dining at plush restaurants or, their personal favourite, a day at the beach.
Zhu is often spotted on the PGA Tour caddying for her man – but she is a handy player herself
So while Zhu made the most of the PGA Championship being played in San Fransisco to fit in a trip to the Golden Gate Bridge, she ensured she was back at the course as her boyfriend swept aside the competition to land the title at the first time of asking with a final-round 64.
Coronavirus rules led to a slightly awkward high-five celebration at first before a big hug.
And after Morikawa had dropped the lid off the Wanamaker Trophy, Zhu joined him to pose with it together.
The happy couple love to spend time outdoors together, whether that be exploring new places or on the course
Zhu’s biggest loves in life clearly include Morikawa, golf and gorgeous snaps for the Instagram
Zhu started taking on dogs as a short-term foster owner earlier this year and shares plenty of adorable pics with pups
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I improve golf scores?
These simple tips can make it easy to improve your golf game.
- Practice more and play less. To improve at something, you need to practice more. If you play too much, it can lead to bad habits.
- You should play when you feel good. There will be times when you don’t feel like going out on the course. You shouldn’t be forced to do things that you don’t like. Instead, find ways that golf can be made more enjoyable.
- Take breaks. Golfers often take breaks during their round to stretch, walk around, eat lunch, etc. Taking breaks can help your body relax and keep you focused throughout the round.
- Drink water! It’s easy to lose track of how many drinks you’ve had while out on the course. Be sure to drink enough water, so you don’t get dehydrated. You will feel refreshed and ready for your next round of golf if you drink plenty of water before, throughout, and after the game.
- You must eat right. Eating healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, and low fat dairy products will give you energy and allow you to perform well on the course.
- Keep hydrated. Water is your best friend. It is recommended that you drink eight glasses of fluids per day. This includes plain water and water made with beverages such as coffee.
- Get warm. Begin your round by walking or running for five to ten minutes. Next, work on being loose and flexible.
- Keep your head down. When you are teeing off, keep your eyes on the ground. Avoid looking at the ball or watching where it lands. Instead, you should focus on the hole.
- Good form is essential for a good swing. Proper form could mean different things for different people. You want to avoid hitting the target. Instead, you should aim to strike the ball in the center of the club face.
- Concentrate on the process. There are many things that go into a successful swing of golf, but focusing on the process will allow you to develop the best technique. If you struggle to keep your hands still, relax your grip. If balance is difficult for you, then work on improving your posture.
How can I make money playing the game of golf?
Absolutely! Professional golfers have many income streams. You could host tournaments, teach lessons or sell merchandise.
How do I lower my handicap by 5 strokes on the golf course?
The first thing you must do is to improve your swing mechanics. Your body won’t be able to give you proper feedback if it doesn’t feel like you can hold the club correctly. Once you’ve mastered the step, you should work to improve your strength as well as flexibility. Start off slowly, working up to longer distances. You’ll find your game becomes more consistent as you strive for higher scores.
Do you find watching golf helps improve your game.
It does indeed improve my game.
Golf is one the most well-known sports in the world. The game involves hitting a golf ball towards a target using different distances, with sticks or clubs. It’s a wonderful way to spend quality time outdoors and relax. Did you know there are so many benefits to playing golf? Here are a few:
- Golf helps you get fit
- Playing golf makes you feel good
- Playing doesn’t require you to think about too many things
- Playing golf teaches you patience
- Golf is an inspiration.
- Golf is fun
- Golf is simple to learn
- Golf is less expensive than other sports
- Golf is a great stress reliever
- Golf is a social game
What’s the average score for a golfer?
Average golfers shoot around 80-85 yards in tandem with their driver.
Can I improve the game of golf by not practicing?
For improving your game, practicing is crucial. However, if you don’t possess the time or resources to consistently perform drills, you can still improve. Just remember that it’s important to put in the effort to practice what your intention is. If you want to play faster, you need to focus on playing fast. If you want to hit the target farther, you should also focus on hitting the target further.
- Trackman found that over 65% of amateur’s golf shots finish short of the target from 160 yards. (golfinsideruk.com)
- If you have 14 attempts and convert as little as 50% of them into Pars – you can double bogey the remaining 4 holes and still shoot 87 for your round. (golfmadesimple.com)
- By adding 10 more yards to all their golf shots amateurs will increase the percentage of greens they hit by 8 – 10%. (golfinsideruk.com)
- This means as much as 50% of your practice time. (practical-golf.com)
- Or that, on the greens, some 84% of putts over five feet also finish short of the hole? (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- Amazon.com: 101 Common Mistakes All Golfers Make (and what to do about them) eBook – Sherman, Jon: Kindle Store
How to improve your golf swing
How to Improve Your Golf Swing
You can improve your golf swing by practicing. Practice makes perfect! The best way to improve your golf swing is to spend some time practicing every day. It is important to work consistently if you are looking to improve. Practice at least five times per week. This will ensure you achieve results.
Start slow when learning to golf. Start out with short shots and move on to longer shots. This will allow you to build strength and endurance. You will struggle to hit the ball straight when you start playing golf. Keep working hard and you will eventually improve your golf swing.
Try swinging from different stances. Practice hitting the ball with your feet while standing still. Then, you can move forward and reverse. Then, walk backwards as you hit the ball. Next, you can run and hit the ball. Each swing requires a different stance or position. These exercises will help determine which position and stance is best for you. These exercises will help you determine the best stance and position for you.
Keep track. Keeping track of your progress helps you see where you need improvement. Write down everything you practice doing. Keep track of how often you practice and note your score. You can use this information to assess your progress.
Learn from a professional instructor to improve your golf swing. A qualified teacher can teach you proper technique and give you tips on how to improve your game. They can also help you choose equipment that is right for you. You will be more successful if someone is skilled in their field.
Golf is a very popular sport today. Each year, millions play this sport. There are many things you could do to improve your playing of golf. These tips include learning how the greens are read, practicing your swing, and improving your short game.