GOLFERS may be hearing some strange noises during the upcoming US Open.
The legendary event will be held from Thursday, June 15 to Sunday, June 18 in Los Angeles, California.
The US Open will be taking place next to Hugh Hefner’s famous Playboy Mansion
And golfers will be hearing strange noises due to the mansion’s zoo
Rory McIlroy and other star golfers may struggle to focus amid strange noises
The 123rd edition will be hosted by the magnificent Los Angeles Country Club.
And funnily enough, the venue is just down the street from the world-infamous Playboy Mansion.
According to Australian Golf Digest, that’s not the only interesting part that makes this year’s US Open stand out.
Golfers will have to find a way to concentrate while teeing off as they will be hearing bizarre screeches from Hugh Hefner‘s former crib.
That is because there is still a zoo consisted of monkeys, cockatoos, peacocks and a selection of other natural-born noisemakers.
Hefner sold the mansion to Daren Metropoulos shortly before his death in 2017 at the age of 91.
Metropoulos has since been using the former chateau for “corporate activities”.
The new owner bought the property for $100million (£79m) and promised to keep the zoo.
BETTING SPECIAL – BEST SPORTS BETTING APPS IN THE UK
Metropoulos appears to have honoured his pledge as golfers claim they can still hear squeals, roars and groans coming from the property.
That could pose a problem for Rory McIlroy and other players when they face their tee shot on the par-5 14th hole this week.
Play is due to start at 12pm UK time on the opening two days and at 3pm during the weekend.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I improve my golf score?
These simple tips will make your golf game more enjoyable.
- Play less and practice more. Practice more if you want to improve at something. Exercising too often can lead to poor habits.
- Feel good. There are times when it is not easy to play golf. Do not force yourself to do something you don’t enjoy. Instead, find ways you can make golf fun again.
- Take breaks. Golfers frequently take breaks during the round to stretch and walk around, or eat lunch. Taking breaks can help your body relax and keep you focused throughout the round.
- Drink water! It’s easy to lose track of how many drinks you’ve had while out on the course. Drink enough water to ensure you don’t become dehydrated. Drinking plenty of water before, during, and after your game will help keep you feeling refreshed and ready to hit those greens.
- Make sure you eat right. Eating healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, and low fat dairy products will give you energy and allow you to perform well on the course.
- Stay hydrated. Water is the best thing to keep hydrated. At least eight glasses of water should be consumed each day. This includes plain water as well as water made from coffee or other beverages.
- Make sure to warm up. Warm up for the round by moving or running for five minutes. Then, focus on getting loose and limber.
- Keep your head down. It’s important that you keep your eyes focused on the ball when you tee-off. It’s important to not focus on the ball or watch where it falls. Instead, your eyes should be on the hole.
- You should always wear proper form when you’re dancing. Different people may interpret proper form in different ways. However, it is important to not swing through the target. Instead, strike the ball towards the center of the club.
- You should be focused on the process. Although there are many factors that influence a successful golf swing you should be able to focus on the process. You can relax your grip if your hands are slipping. Focus on good posture, if you find it difficult to balance.
Is there a way to make money golfing?
Absolutely! As a professional golfer, there are many ways to make additional income. You could host tournaments, teach lessons or sell merchandise.
Can I play golf?
Golf is good for you. It’s quite healthy. Studies show that golfers live longer lives than non-golfer. Golfers are also less stressed, which makes them happier.
How do I lower my handicap by 5 strokes on the golf course?
First, you need to improve your swing mechanics. Even though you know how to hold the golf club properly, if you aren’t feeling comfortable swinging it correctly, you won’t get the correct feedback from your body. After mastering this step, you can work on your flexibility and strength. You can start slowly, gradually increasing your distances. As you progress towards higher scores, your game will become more consistent.
Are you more skilled at watching professionals play?
Watching pro players play makes you better at video games. Studying how others play can help improve your game and allow you to learn from their mistakes. Being inspired by the best players can help you become a better player.
Is it possible to earn money as a professional golfer?
Yes, it is possible for a professional golfer to make money. You have to put in a lot of work and be dedicated. There are professionals who make millions of dollar each year.
- This means as much as 50% of your practice time. (practical-golf.com)
- Stats reveal 96% of golfers play right-handed. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- According to Shot Scope’s database of more than 30 million shots, 80% of missed greens are missed short. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
- If you have 14 attempts and convert as little as 50% of them into Pars – you can double bogey the remaining 4 holes and still shoot 87 for your round. (golfmadesimple.com)
- Shot Scope’s mapping data reveals 72% of danger is at the front of the green (sand or water), whereas there’s only 28% behind. (todaysgolfer.co.uk)
How can I improve my putting skills?
You can improve your putting by practicing. First, get great instruction from someone who has experience. We have a guide on how to find golf instructors if you don’t know anyone willing to give lessons. Once you’ve found someone you like, ask them if they offer private lessons. You’ll want to look at their schedule so you don’t end up scheduling something conflicting with another lesson.
These shops offer pro-shops where you can rent golf clubs: Golf Galaxy Pro Shop, TaylorMade, Titleist and Callaway.
Next, you need to start practicing after receiving instruction. There are two methods to do this. First, you could buy a set of putters and practice hitting balls into holes. You can choose from different types of putters, such as long irons, mid irons and wedges, depending on the type of shot you are most comfortable with. You won’t get good at putting unless you invest a lot in equipment.
Online mini-games are another way to practice. You can compete with other players, or you can just practice your game. There are many websites that allow you to play Putt-Putt. This is where you hit a ball into holes. TopGolf and StrokePlay are just a few of the other sites.
Once you have enough practice, you can move on the next step of improving your putting. You can then work on your technique. You’ll need to focus on three areas of your putting stroke, namely your grip, stance, and alignment.
Stance refers simply to how far back your body is when you touch the ball. An error beginners often make is to stand too close the ball. To avoid glancing at the ball, keep your body far away until you move forward. Your feet should be at shoulder width and slightly bent.
Your hands should be relaxed and open. Your hands shouldn’t be closed. Instead, you should place your hands on the top of your shoulders.
Your arms should be straight, but not locked down. They should remain loose throughout the entire stroke of putting.
Alignment describes how your hips turn as you swing through the shot. Many people rotate their hips so much that it is difficult to align properly. Your knees will slightly bend when you aim for the shot. As you swing through this shot, your hips turn toward the target.
Grip refers the position of your fingers on a clubface. Many people struggle to grip the club properly. When you address the putt, your index finger should rest on the bottom edge of the face, while your middle finger rests on the top edge. Your ring finger should be on the shaft. Your pinky should be above and to the right of the handle.
Another option is to buy a new putter. Although all putters are not created equal, you may find that a new model can help improve your game.