THE eyes of the racing world will be on America as the two-day Breeders’ Cup kicks off TONIGHT.
Horses from around the globe will compete for the multi-million prize fund up for grabs at Keeneland.
What TV channel is the Breeders’ Cup on?
The Breeders’ Cup is live both nights on Sky Sports Racing, Sky Channel 415.
It gets underway at 8.15pm TONIGHT and from 5pm on Saturday evening.
What time is the Breeders’ Cup?
Friday’s first race is the Bryan Station Stakes at 5.40pm (GMT) and the last is off at 10.15pm.
Saturday’s action kicks off at 5.02pm with the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare sprint and runs through to the lucky last at 10.18pm.
Racecards for the Breeders’ Cup
- 5.40 Bryan Station Stakes
- 7.30 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint (Grade 2)
- 8.10 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf presented by Coolmore America (Grade 1)
- 8.50 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade 1)
- 9.30 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (Grade 1)
- 10.15 TVG Breeders’ Cup Juvenile presented by Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance (Grade 1)
- 5.02 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (Grade 1)
- 5.39 Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (Grade 1)
- 6.18 Big Ass Fans Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (Grade 1)
- 6.57 Maker’s Mark Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf (Grade 1)
- 7.36 Breeders’ Cup Sprint (Grade 1)
- 8.15 FanDuel Breeders’ Cup Mile presented by Permanently Disabled Jockey Fund (Grade 1)
- 8.54 Longines Breeders’ Cup Distaff (Grade 1)
- 9.33 Longines Breeders’ Cup Turf (Grade 1)
- 10.18 Longines Breeders’ Cup Classic (Grade 1)
Who are the favourites?
The big races come on Saturday night with a whopping nine Grade 1s.
Improbable is currently the 5-2 jolly for the £2.3 million Breeders’ Cup Classic (10.18).
In the Breeders’ Cup Turf (9.33) it’s the Irish pair of Magical and Mogul at 11-4 and 3-1 vying for favouritism.
Monomoy Girl (8.54) will be one of the supposed bankers of the night in the Distaff.
Where is the Breeders’ Cup being held?
The Breeders’ Cup moves around the American circuit on a yearly basis.
In 2020 it will be run at Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington, Kentucky.
Breeders’ Cup tips
Gamine looked a monster on her first outings this season and should be hard to beat back at seven furlongs in the opening Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (5.02).
At bigger odds Peaceful should run a huge race in the Maker’s Mark Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf (6.57) for Aidan O’Brien.
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in a payment to SE. 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare- www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org