EPSOM festival starts on FRIDAY with two British racing classics on the agenda.
The 244th annual running of the iconic horse racing spectacle at Epsom Downs promises to be one to remember.
Frankie Dettori riding Reach For The Moon at Ascot 2022
- Epsom Derby 2023: ALL the details you need
What horses is King Charles III running at Epsom?
King Charles III was due to run Reach For The Moon in the 12:50 Betfred Diomed Stakes at Epsom Downs.
John & Thady Gosden are the trainers of the four-year-old Bay Gelding.
However, the horse was not declared for the Diomed Stakes two days before the race was scheduled to take place meaning it will not feature at Epsom Downs on Saturday lunchtime.
It had also been rumoured that Slipofthepen, another horse owned by the King, was going to run in this year’s Epsom Derby.
However, it has now been confirmed that King Charles will not have any runners at Epsom this year.
When is the Epsom Derby 2023?
- The Epsom Derby will take place on Saturday, June 3rd.
- It will begin at 1:30pm BST.
- Epsom Downs will play host.
What is the FULL Epsom schedule?
Friday, 2 June – Ladies’ Day
- 14:00 UK time: British EBF 40th Anniversary Woodcote Stakes
- 14:35 UK time: Racehorse Lotto Handicap Stakes
- 15:10 UK time: Dahlbury Coronation Cup (Group 1)
- 15:45 UK time: Betfred Handicap Stakes
- 16:30 UK time: Betfred Oaks (Group 1)
- 17:15 UK time: Nyetimber Surrey Stakes
- 17:50 UK time: Winners Wear Cavani Handicap Stakes
Saturday, 3 June – Derby Day
- 12.50pm UK time: Betfred Diomed Stakes (Group 3)
- 1.30pm UK time: Betfred Derby (Group 1)
- 2.10pm UK time: Princess Elizabeth Stakes (Group 3)
- 2.45pm UK time: Aston Martin 3YO Dash Handicap
- 3.20pm UK time: Aston Martin Dash (Heritage Handicap)
- 3.55pm UK time: Ebbisham Handicap
- 4.30pm UK time: Northern Dancer Handicap
- 5.05pm UK time: JRA Tokyo Handicap