NICK Kyrgios’s former girlfriend has broken her silence after the Australian tennis star was accused of assaulting her last year.
On Tuesday, it was announced that Kyrgios will appear before a court in Australia after he was accused of assaulting his model ex.
Nick Kyrgios’s ex-girlfriend Chiara Passari, right, has broken her silence
Chiara has accused the Australian tennis star of assaulting her last year
Kyrgios, 27, is due to play in the quarter-finals at Wimbledon later today
Chiara Passari, 23, who dated Kyrgios on and off for just over a year, says she first reported the alleged assault to police in Canberra in December.
The model, who was allegedly pushed by her ex, also says she had nothing to do with the summons to appear in court only emerging this week.
If found guilty, the 27-year-old Australian faces up to two years in prison.
Kyrgios is due to play in the quarter-finals at Wimbledon later today.
In a statement released on Tuesday, police in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) said: “ACT Policing can confirm a 27-year-old Watson man is scheduled to face the ACT Magistrates Court on the 2nd of August in relation to one charge of common assault following an incident in December 2021.”
Kyrgios and Chiara started dating in July 2020 but broke up in Autumn last year.
This was three months after Kyrgios had split from his ex – Russian tennis player Anna Kalinskaya.
In December 2021, Kyrgios was pictured with influencer Costeen Hatzi at a basketball game in Sydney and the two have been together since.
Barrister Jason Moffett, who represents Kyrgios, confirmed his client was aware of the summons.
“It’s in the context of a domestic relationship,” he told The Canberra Times.
“The nature of the allegation is serious, and Mr Kyrgios takes the allegation very seriously.
“Given the matter is before the court … he doesn’t have a comment at this stage, but in the fullness of time we’ll issue a media release.”